the Rift

Where have you fallen to, little bird? [open]

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
Patiently, she waited for him to make up his mind. He didn't trust her, and she didn't blame him. He likely had a bad track record with first encounters. At last he relaxed, just a little, creating a chain reaction amongst his lupine kindred. That wary look softed to appreciation before he spoke words of acceptance. The last to settle was the she-wolf who stood before him, who relunctantly eased aside but never stopped watching her.

"Apologies, Ophelia. Solstice is one of my warriors, as is your father. She and your mother have such similar names, I misspoke." Her ears twitched to angle briefly back in apology as well, before she nodded to the pale mare.

Then she approached Osiris, relaxing her own posture and lowering her head. After a moment Zaffre settled as well, though he watched the wolves just as carefully as they watched his bonded. She studied his wound from just close enough to get a good look at it. "The majority of the pegasi have made homes for themselves in the Throat to the south or here in the Forest, but I haven't seen one of that description." She spoke conversationally. "But some of Isilme wander in at different times, not all were with myself or the defenders when the herds fled." There was meaningful upward glance up at Osiris at that, before she suppressed a small smile.

"It is infected, if nothing else. Your wound. It needs cleaned, and bound. What would do it the most good is to go to the ocean, to the west. Have your black put pressure on it to make all the infection come out, then walk in the waves. Then have your black wrap it in moss and ferns for a day or two, then let it heal up." She withdrew then a few steps. "You can ask the healers of the Throat or the Foothills for a poultice after you've cleaned it out. The Edge, to the northwest, likely wouldn't welcome you." An amused glance was cast toward Ophelia. "But you'll have someone to speak for you in the Foothills or the Throat, whichever you choose, if you ask at all. It will heal without, but a poultice will reduce the pain and speed the healing."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where have you fallen to, little bird? [open] - by Smoke - 07-20-2012, 06:42 PM