the Rift

Where have you fallen to, little bird? [open]

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

The grulla mare begain to speak as she observed his leg - had she given her name? - but Osiris's eyes remained on Ophelia. With the attention of their brother not rested upon the frame of the mare close to his leg, the wolves watched her carefully, but with less distrust in their eyes. Obviously, this mare meant to help the great wolf, not harm him further. The last sentence she spoke caught his attention enough for him to glance down, catching the smile and look cast by the grulla.

His lips tug up for a brief flash of a second, half-hearted and tired. She meant well, Osiris knew this, but they did not inspire much confidence. Just because they wander in at different times, like he had, does not mean that she would appear. Her corpse could be left in the land he had fled, her own spirit turned to violence and anger. Shadows with red eyes.

Ophelia's girlish voice attracts his attention, golden eyes noting with amusement how Comadre had made himself comfortable on the filly. Traitor, he thinks jokingly to his dragon. The black one just sends amused looks his way, violet eyes bright and happy. The look on Ophelia's face, however, told Osiris more than her words that she had nothing good to tell him. The hope in his eyes crumples, discarded unwanted in the past moments before the door of possibility was slammed shut. I have never seen a mare matching your description, I am sorry.

The sentence rang in his mind with finality. Comadre coos sadly as well, knowing instantly what had been said. Virva did not come here, the dragon says. "I should not have left her alone during such times," the wolf says quietly to himself.

A guttural noise of a growl whispers in the air as Ophelia makes her way toward the hybrid, and thus his wolves. She is a friend. She is welcomed, Osiris says tiredly in his mind to the wolves, who then loosen their posture, the younger pair coming closer to sniff the air around the unicorn cautiously. Little sister has not moved, her eyes still watching the grulla and her blue dragon.

Osiris listens to the bonded mare, and she explains what to do. He nods absently, but he is truly thankful. His mind keeps him trapped, captive to the running thoughts about the gray pegasus, replaying his few moments with her before the world had collapsed around them. The wolf shakes his head, trying to focus. Ocean, ferns, healer. He was quite uncertain about a healer or how to navigate these foreign lands, even with the general direction given. "Thank you, ma'am," he says politely, but absently. Feral golden eyes, like the wolves surrounding him, glancing toward her face without much recognition.

The apology rings in his mind again, and the wolf realizes that Ophelia had slipped it somewhere in their conversation, perhaps during his recollections. "It is alright, Ophelia," he says gently. "You need not share my sorrows." A small smile is given to her, before she begins to respond to the words given by the healer. She was so kind, but the girl was not even a mare yet, so maybe this would wear off under the test of time. Osiris hoped not, for certainly, there had to be kind beings such as her to outweigh the evils in life.

"I would not want to impose upon you," the hybrid says frankly. "I can find the wa-," his voice cuts off as she begins to speak to the wolves. His head tilts to the side, one ear cocked back in confusion, as he watches her fearless face. Her eyes warm as she spoke to the wolves who could not truly understand what she said. Little sister finally moves her eyes from the grulla to the white one, who she knows is addressing her family. What does she say, brother? she asks Osiris, still watching her with amused golden eyes.

She wants to guide us where we need to go, where we wish to go. The hybrid looks over toward the female, his eyes sincere. Mountains, brother, she says without hesitation. Mountains.

"She would like to go to the mountains, if that is possible," Osiris says, still looking at the wolf. "They are originally from the mountain range of Isilme, so I imagine she wants to be as close to home as possible." He pauses, turning his face back toward Ophelia.

"If you could lead them there, I would be forever grateful."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where have you fallen to, little bird? [open] - by Osiris - 07-31-2012, 08:17 PM