the Rift

[OPEN] Living through each empty night

Arielle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Though the journey was set my mind had wandered the whole time. Over many trees, the passing of decay in each branch that had obviously fallen long ago and now taking the time to turn itself to nutrient and restrengthen the earth itself. To grow anew deep within the soil bringing food to underground kin, the worms and such. Who made food for the birds my eyes often drifted to and wandered about. Majestic wings so comfortable and almost angelic like, different from the attached appendages to the equines of my fellows. Fellows some say, friends some say, foe I may claim them as. Despite my undying hate for each and every one of them there's a soft side of me that pity's how disgusting they are. What an awful feeling it must be to know inside you are worthless or to go on thinking your worth anything at all. I couldn't imagine it. Perhaps though this is hypocritical, not but many years ago I was friends with such beasts. Even the closest of friends there are do an equine so bare he was far from delicious. A plain chestnut in color, dull brown eyes and the green moss that filmed his teeth was so boring and dull.

Memories they come now, as my steps quicken, body lurching forward in a fit. An attempt to shake them from my mind. I'm strides behind Mauja and Arah, keeping my distance so they may feel their own amount of safety in a strangers path. Though within seconds I come so close to Arah I can feel the heat of her hind quarters, my left should coming close to the long bits of hair she calls a tail. Stepping sideways I shock myself with a scolding for taking such a hard hit from memories, though they weaken me inside. A desperate scratching for the top. Hoping to contaminate the world before me, wishing I would stop dead in my tracks and head backwards. Rewind to the very day everything happened, warning my family of the dangers to come. Seeking a way to protect them from the very creatures I would soon find here too.

Though a conversation is spoken throughout Mauja, a perfect escape from my short spasm, "Aye, it is chilly." Using this as my excuse for coming so close to Arah with such a short amount of time in my hoof tracks. Pathetic yes but perhaps she would believe in her own self that that was my cause for such an outburst. A quiet but quick trip to her rump. Still moving closer to her side. Making our way through the pass she speaks again as the terrain begins to change. Rocks. The familiar clink and slip I remember like yesterday. My favorite of all things. Such fun to maneuver through and make a fool of yourself if you are to fall. I pick my way over the ground, surely and carefully, a smile firmly placed upon my lips. "Thank you for the welcome Mauja," my head forward and ears lingering his way, unsure of if he's heard my quiet call or not. I felt as though my voice was weak from being unused for years. My own tones a shock to my ears every time I spoke. Even from the place we had encountered each other it was a different note. "and Arah, this is quite the familiar terrain, I rather enjoy the unsteady course... quite the rush of adrenaline when you get to moving to fast." I smile slyly. Unsure of how she would take my words, odd and creepy perhaps? Her opinion is hers.

[ooc- sorry to have taken so long to reply, my replies may come slowly this week, i hope this is of no trouble... if it is so just go ahead and give me a skip!]

I say fuck it, lets kill them all.
ARIELLE
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Living through each empty night - by Roland - 04-07-2013, 01:50 AM
RE: Living through each empty night - by Illynx - 04-07-2013, 07:00 AM
RE: Living through each empty night - by Mauja - 04-08-2013, 07:09 AM
RE: Living through each empty night - by Arah - 04-08-2013, 09:51 PM
RE: Living through each empty night - by Arielle - 04-09-2013, 05:22 PM
RE: Living through each empty night - by Roland - 04-10-2013, 06:41 PM
RE: Living through each empty night - by Mauja - 04-20-2013, 05:20 AM
RE: Living through each empty night - by Arah - 04-22-2013, 08:17 AM