Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor</style>
World's Edge WeyrLeader
In the morning light let my roots take flight
Watch me from above like a vicious dove</style>

The air seemed to dance with an electricity that I had not known since only days before the Invasion of the Foothills. However, this sense of urgency did not appear to be a call to arms, no it was something far beyond the simplicity of war. Life was something that was all too easily wagered and though I knew the toils of battle were not upon us, the sensation of pain and unknown agony were rose flags above my bed. Call it intuition or mere coincidence; call it whatever you like, but I knew the Goddess above was reaching down from her pedestal in the sky for something far more important than war. I only hoped that death and decay did not lurk in the shadows of my need.

If only my assumptions could logically be disproved.

Darkness had fallen over the Edge like a maternal embrace and though the clear autumn sky held no vices, worry still pitted itself deep in my gut. Venturing into the deep forest and meanderingly quietly through the shadows does little to calm the sense of dread climbing my cautious walls. I cannot seem to shake the feeling and perhaps I do not want to. Instead, I let the moonlight guide me as I work through the tangles of mottled oak and dried pine. The scent of flora is overwhelming as I try to detect anything other than the pleasant sounds of nightfall- anything amiss or astray. However, nothing aside from a weary doe and her fawn draw my attention from the moonlit path ahead. It is seemingly ironic that I should cross their path and when I do, I cannot help but feel empowered.

My magic does seem to reside deep within and it is a warmth that I am entirely unaccustomed to. At times it tends to swell in the recesses of my mind like a wildfire burning with the fuel of my desires. Even now as I move gracefully through my home, its presence is reassuring- a stone in the never-ending stream of life.

While pondering the many things that have come to trouble me lately, such as Tamira and her sudden distance from everything, including me, I recognize the familiar, sweet fragrance of Mirage. However, it is not without a mix of fear and blood- which sends my heart into overdrive. Worry and frustration washes over me and I am quick to react.

--

The thudding of heavy hooves upon the tender soils of the Edge had never sounded so foreign to him. Whether it was the panic or pure fear that was now slowly spreading from heart to soul, he was not sure, but he did not slow until he had reached her side. The painted Moon Doctor was already bent over her, a motionless heap of beauty that he had come to know as his dearest friend- Mirage. There was little the King could do and how he wished he could do something, anything. His mind was slow to wrap around everything, still processing her source of pain, the source of her eternal happiness.

For a moment, he stood frozen, his thoughts on replay- a mere broken record. Oh please…

Rashima’s voice seemed barely a whisper to him as she ushered Mirage from whatever silent state she had fallen into. It was hard for him to remain calm and yet it was hard for him to move, to wonder… However, as his eyes grew heavy and his breathing slowed, their movement drew his attentions fully. So small and so beautiful, not unlike their mother, the fillies begin to stir. A gasp fell from shocked lips and he stepped forward slowly, bending his face to peer into the bright eyes of new life. His smile was unmistakable as he turned to Mirage hoping to find her golden eyes upon them as well. “Perfection. Mirage, they are beautiful.” Relief washes over him and he sighs heavily. The night is still young and while he wonders where it will lead, though he is satisfied in knowing that only goodness will come hereafter.

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Dragon's Beginning - by Mirage - 04-07-2013, 07:45 AM
RE: Dragon's Beginning - by Torasin - 04-08-2013, 07:40 AM
RE: Dragon's Beginning - by Rishima - 04-10-2013, 03:56 AM
RE: Dragon's Beginning - by Thor - 04-11-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: Dragon's Beginning - by Vikram - 04-13-2013, 07:43 PM
RE: Dragon's Beginning - by Semira - 04-13-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: Dragon's Beginning - by Mirage - 04-15-2013, 06:24 AM
RE: Dragon's Beginning - by Amaris - 04-22-2013, 06:41 AM