the Rift

Into the fray [open]

Lanark Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

L A N A R K
Direction is a point. Direction is a purpose. Destination is a reason to live.

Starting over is always hard. A soul becomes accustomed to the comforts of home. But, honestly, how can a soul expand if it's expected to live in simply one way for the rest of its days? Such were the thoughts that rested in Lanark's mind as she trudged down a strip of forest, parallel to a looming, vast mountain. Her long legs snapped twigs by the pair and the pale mare was undisturbed by the noise. She tried to keep her head low in order to avoid the tugs and pulls of low hanging branches. She felt as if they were not only scratching the surface, but also scratching at something deep inside of her. Something that was trying to pull her back home. Something that didn't want her here, in this strange forest that was the furthest west she'd ever been. But she'd made her decision sunsets ago. She knew that once she stepped even an inch outside of Theryane's blessed lands and away from her father that she would never be able to go back. She just needed to keep reminding herself that this was for the better. Yes, her logic may be naive but at least she's willing. At the age of five, she had been in the world much too long to have seen nothing of it. She wanted to feel the breeze on a mountaintop, and race through endless fields, but more than that, she wanted someone to feel these things with. Not a lover, not a friend, but an ally. She wanted to share her secrets, mourn her losses, and rejoice in happiness with someone. Growing up as the Theryane's daughter left her following the mass of downtrodden, expectant ones just waiting for something important to happen. Lanark was tired of waiting. She was going to find and do extraordinary things. She wanted nothing more than to leave her mark on the world, and this was the first opportunity she'd ever had to pursue that.
She slowed her pace down as feelings of light fatigue started to set in. The sun was moving ever lower behind the mountains and her heart quickened slightly. She whipped her head around to make sure her scare was unjustified. Nope. No one there. Just keep walking and find a place to hole up. We can find adventure tomorrow. Her small, white ears flicked repeatedly and her tail clamped itself tightly around her rump. She knew there was nothing real to be afraid of, but every shadow of a tree and every whistle of the wind made her skin jump. She pushed herself against a large tree and stood quietly. She tried to settle her nerves with deep breaths and anticipated the soon to come nightfall.

OOC: First post! Yay! I'm super excited to find an active RPG after so many years after my favorite one shut down. I'm haptic, and this is obviously my first post after a long hiatus from RP. Constructive critique is always welcome on all of my posts and hi :3

Neo edit: Welcome! <3 I just closed the table properly for you. :]

Messages In This Thread
Into the fray [open] - by Lanark - 04-07-2013, 11:14 AM
RE: Into the fray [open] - by Levi - 04-07-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: Into the fray [open] - by Lanark - 04-08-2013, 12:48 PM
RE: Into the fray [open] - by Africa - 04-12-2013, 07:15 AM
RE: Into the fray [open] - by Levi - 04-13-2013, 07:38 AM
RE: Into the fray [open] - by Lanark - 04-14-2013, 09:14 AM
RE: Into the fray [open] - by Africa - 04-14-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: Into the fray [open] - by Lanark - 04-18-2013, 10:15 PM
RE: Into the fray [open] - by Levi - 04-27-2013, 02:02 PM