the Rift

[OPEN] let's talk || {Romani, Open}

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Romani could scarcely believe it. Here, in the Edge, was Levi! It had been so terribly long since she had last seen the grullo Pegasus, and she had become worried about his whereabouts at their lack of communication. Was he alright, she had wondered. He was a man of arms, serving the Dragon's Throat with his very life, much like she was doing with the Edge... A fear had settled, rising in her crimson breast on occasion, wondering if some ill-fate had befell upon one of her dearest friends. Family and occupation, however, had stopped the palomino from searching Levi out.

Now, though... Here he was, in the Edge, and that worry dissipated the moment that their muzzles brushed in a familiar form of friendly affection.

At their hooves, Kasai purred and growled in happiness. Not only was Levi a good friend of to Romani, but to the black and white tigress as well. The moments of her youth, when Levi had playfully tousled his wings in front of her for her to bat at had not been forgotten. The memory lingered, kindling the bonds of a deep friendship. It wouldn't be the bond as sacred as the one between Romani and Kasai, but it was a firm grasp of understanding, of pure, innocent friendship. The tiger's tail remained high in the air, and she moved happily around Levi's front legs, brushing her sides against his fetlocks as she wove in between his legs.

Romani smiled brilliantly, her forelock laying in a disarrayed heap around her eyes, but she couldn't find it in herself to care. She took a step back from the Pegasus, simply to put a bit more distance between them. There was so much that they needed to catch up on. "You have no idea how good it is to see you well and whole, my dear friend," she stated, her voice warm and spoken in a way reserved only to those who were close. Then, however, Levi spoke his questions, and the smile that had graced Romani's dark lips slowly slid away, falling like spring rain.

"You mean you hadn't heard?" Romani questioned, her head tilting slightly and blue eyes looking almost concerned. "Levi... The Edge is now my home. The Foothills..." Here, the Haflinger looked away, bitterness and longing shining in her crisp, azure eyes. The familiar pain of losing her home rose once again in her breast, and the gypsy inhaled deeply to put her emotions in check. Now wasn't the time to get emotional... "The Foothills has been overthrown by a mercenary group called the Grey. I heard that the Dragon's Throat aided the Grey in the invasion. Some of those that did not join the Grey fled here, to the Edge. I serve these lands now, as a Protector."

Romani herself had not been present during the invasion, however much she had wished that she had been. She had been pregnant then, as well as prisoner of the Grey, and could do nothing else except sit and wait it out, praying that those of her beloved home would be safe. Romani could also tell, however, that Levi hadn't been amongst the soldiers led by Kri in the invasion. His confusion of her whereabouts had been proof enough of that.

"I miss my home, Levi, but not enough to dampen my spirits. This is my home now." The thought was spoken resolutely. Even though it had taken Romani quite a while to get used to the Edge, now, whenever she thought of it, she thought of home. The Haflinger's smile once more returned, and her head rose, meeting Levi's silver gaze. "Enough of that, though... Where have you been? I haven't seen you in seasons, Levi, and I was terrified that something horrible had happened to you. Please, tell me that you've been well...?"

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because he Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
let's talk || {Romani, Open} - by Levi - 04-07-2013, 04:06 PM
RE: let's talk || {Romani, Open} - by Romani - 04-14-2013, 08:50 AM
RE: let's talk || {Romani, Open} - by Levi - 05-02-2013, 02:28 PM
RE: let's talk || {Romani, Open} - by Romani - 05-12-2013, 12:01 PM