the Rift

[PRIVATE] Just A Simple Walk and Talk [Thor]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
To have Solstice at my side was no small feat indeed. I hadn’t wanted her to remain with the Nurse and child in hopes that they would be able to come to some conclusion- if at all one was agreeable. But once I had removed myself from their banter, I did not feel reprieve… Instead I felt longing. I wasn’t sure what for but perhaps I would be able to figure it out eventually. The paint at my side seemed to be just as thoughtful as I, so I wasn’t in a hurry to press her for conversation. However, I knew that it wouldn’t be long before I was listening to her concerns in my ear. But of course everything she said was valid, in spite of my sudden need to forget everything that had happened. I wanted Tor to prove me wrong and I wanted more than anything for things to go back to whatever perfect reality they had been in before. I was no optimist when it came to traitors, but the least I could do was abide by everything that Mirage had already laid out before me. She had enforced the standards and all I had to do was agree with them.

It appeared to be simple enough.

But of course there was always a price. I felt wrong leaving her to flounce happily within our ranks once again- was she not the one who had left us without a word? I assumed Mirage had good reasoning to find her capable hands at the mercy of our commands, but I only hoped that one day I would be able to find the forgiveness it took for me to once again call her family. I suppose I was not one who found treason to be forgivable in any circumstance unless committed by the criminally insane. However, I didn’t think that Tor had suddenly lost her mind… no, I thought she had suddenly just lost sight of herself.

I can’t fathom any good reason for it either Solstice. I only hope that she can be forgiven in spite of the tedious ridicule that she will no doubt encounter.” With a child of my own, I believed that I understood well enough the bond created between mother and daughter, but I was clearly at a loss when it came to leaving that bond to die. I looked hopelessly to the motherly face of the Philosopher, trying to find insight in her wisdom. However, we both appeared to be duped once again by the Nurse who thought not before acting.

While it was hard to ignore everything that had just occurred, I was eager to start on a journey of my own. As Tor seemed to be working her way through the ranks for approval, I wanted to do just as much in order to know every one of the devoted followers of the Edge. Of course I knew the few that I’d recruited myself, but there were many that had been here long before I ever entered Helovia. Solstice was just the beginning of my lesson and I hoped that the Philosopher had much to teach me. “I would assume that you have children as well? I can’t imagine such a gentle, patient heart belonging to anyone other than a mother herself. I cannot even begin to imagine how you’ve been able to acquire so much tolerance for any one thing, because I find myself often growing frustrated not only with Essetia but with many other hassles as well.

I looked to Solstice hoping for understanding in my words. I didn’t want her to think that Essetia was any hassle to me, but rather very testy at times. She was often on my nerves when I least expected it and then quite the opposite when I did. She was the light of my life and I would not want anyone to think otherwise, but I was a first-time father and being such was certainly not easy.
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Just A Simple Walk and Talk [Thor] - by Solstice - 04-07-2013, 11:30 PM
RE: Just A Simple Walk and Talk [Thor] - by Thor - 04-08-2013, 03:09 PM
RE: Just A Simple Walk and Talk [Thor] - by Thor - 04-13-2013, 01:45 AM