the Rift

[PRIVATE] Just A Simple Walk and Talk [Thor]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
Thoughts trailed one after the other through my mind which was seemingly all too small, or perhaps just too narrow-minded. Whatever the case, I felt… frustrated. I had suffered from Tor’s ignorance, dealt with the pain and distance placed between Tamira and I, and to top it all off the damn “Assassins” were trying to weed themselves within the imaginary cracks of the Edge. Either way, nothing felt as important as the mare at my side- I had badgered her for her company and here I was, trying to contain the agony of burdens that were completely out of my hands. Everything would be left in Time’s grasp and still, here I was trying to battle the effects of the emotional whiplash.

Humming softly in agreement, I turned to Solstice who still appeared evasive about Tor’s rejoining the Edge. I couldn’t blame her for the slight scowl of her tender lips of the worried expression on her simple face. Looking at her now, I realized that she was one of the reasons I had accepted the position of WeyrLeader. I wanted her to be completely oblivious to the conflict raging around her. I wanted her to worry about social affairs alone just because she could. I just wanted… to carry her burden. However, it seemed that everyone had secrets and desires that they tried to hide…

Aaron’s new position of Glazier seemed to collect her attention from the former and a slight smile seemed to tug at the inner workings of my heart. Her concern was admirable and at times I wished that Amora had felt the same for me. However, we can’t all survive chasing after demons. Turning over a new leaf in my head, I motioned for Solstice to follow me beneath the branches of a tall shade tree. Even though Fall was upon us, the sun was still warm along my back.

Once I had positioned myself beneath the shady limbs, I turned purposefully to Solstice to listen carefully to her expulsions of pride and wisdom. For a moment, I pondered her words, hoping that she would see that I was formulating my thoughts before expelling them without thinking them through. “Our Glazier was chosen not because he left, nor because we’ve come to dwell on his decisions. He was chosen because he was fitting and altogether deserving of the title. I would not linger on the opinions of others- it will pass.” I nudged her playfully before passing her a warm smile to soothe her worries. I wished no ill-will upon Aaron; he needed to grow up somehow. Perhaps working with the Foothills had allowed him such a privilege.

However, I hope to learn a little something from you Solstice. Perhaps I will be able to possess your patience with my dear Essetia, as it would appear she’s growing up much too fast for me to keep up with. Her companion hatched only a few days ago and she has been a tyrant ever since. Though, I assume the infatuation will pass eventually.” I chuckled lightly to myself at the thought of my daughter scampering around happily with Romul in tow. The poor pup couldn’t ever seem to catch a break with Essetia constantly urging him to play games and provide her entertainment.

Debating for another long moment, I turned back to Solstice with an impish grin. “I don’t suppose Azale is missing much in the way of parenting and just as we’re clear- the shoes I fill are ones that will not willingly pass judgment on a simple mistake. You’re secrets are forever safe me with me.” With another small smile to the Philosopher, I turned my face to the skies, wondering why it had taken me so long to recognize where it was I actually belonged. I was meant to lead and the sooner I let myself believe it, the sooner I would be able to give justice to those that followed me.
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Just A Simple Walk and Talk [Thor] - by Solstice - 04-07-2013, 11:30 PM
RE: Just A Simple Walk and Talk [Thor] - by Thor - 04-08-2013, 03:09 PM
RE: Just A Simple Walk and Talk [Thor] - by Thor - 04-13-2013, 01:45 AM