the Rift

After a gathering [ Rishi]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
[Image: Rishheader.jpg]

The forest loomed above me, ancient trees in long-lasted companionship doing their utmost to mock my loneliness. Despite Mirage's best efforts, the gloom which had settled over me still lingered like a dedicated shadow, refusing to be fully banished by the bright glow of my sister's affections. Fortunately, it was weakened enough that I could slip back into my shield of detached calm.

It all made me feel so very weak.

Slightly dejected, I continued my wandering, slowly meandering beneath the shadowy pines. Dark hooves kicked at loose rocks and fallen leaves, nostrils sought out the musky scent of moss and dirt, inhaling deeply and enjoying the medley of aromas that accompanied a walk through the woods. Snort breaks through the air; I pause, ears swiveling to grasp the sound, left hind poised to take a step, crown raised; indecision marking every line of my moon-bitten form. A part of me yearned to flee in the opposite direction, to continue basking in my loneliness and sink deeper into self pity.. and yet I knew perfectly well how stupid of a decision that would be. No matter who I encountered, the distraction from my own funk would be a welcome change.

Hoof veered left, body wrapping itself around the block of trees that hid this stranger from my sight. Flickers of white pierced the growth, a splash of red; I turned a corner, and there she stood. Pretty little thing, ivory and crimson - for a moment, I regretted my decision. The last thing I wanted was to burden a child with my despondency. Still, I could not well turn around and flee now. Crown raised slightly, a gentle smile placed upon my lips. "Hello," child. I bite the word off, though. I remember being called a child, years and years ago. I remember hating it. Instead, I nod respectfully to her, keeping my dark eyes on her face. "What brings you here, alone?" I am curious, for this does not seem the place for a solitary child to wander, and the sigh I had heard was filled with discontent. A step is taken, lessening the abyssal distance between us; pale threads lash at my hocks, a nervous habit I cannot shake. Secretly, I fear she will run from me, leaving me alone. Even more secretly, I hope she will not.

[Image: Rishifooter.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 07-16-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 07-18-2012, 01:46 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 07-18-2012, 07:40 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 07-20-2012, 11:41 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 07-31-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 08-01-2012, 05:21 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 08-01-2012, 06:09 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 08-01-2012, 11:20 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 08-01-2012, 11:55 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 08-02-2012, 11:30 PM