the Rift

After a gathering [ Rishi]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
[Image: Rishheader.jpg]

She speaks with such wisdom, the a weight that no child should have to bear clear in her tale, yet she bears it with a maturity so quiet and strong that I want to shake her, to tell her she does not need to be such an adult when she is merely a child. What sort of mischief had I induced when I was her age? And after? The foolishness of youth was a gift to be treasured, and it saddened me greatly that she found herself so entrapped by life's sorrows, so early.

Listening to the chime of Ophelia's voice, the soft gravity of her gentle speech, I felt old.

I turn my gaze back on her at the mention of secrets, somehow unsurprised by the idea that this filly holds darkness in her heart. What does she meditate on, and why, when forgetting is such a more welcome concept? But perhaps this is another sign of my age, that I can relinquish the past, events and secrets of my youth - I dimly recall being a child, when secrets were all that mattered, when everything left a lasting impression and experiences were to be hoarded and brooded upon, examined for hidden meaning and kept as companion to justify the short life I had lived as having value. Now I no longer judge others by their experiences, their tales. Memory is, I have found, an unreliable currency of exchange.

Still, there is a burning desire to explore the child's hidden thoughts, a curiosity coupled with compassion that drives me to offer a shoulder in comfort.
"Ah, little sleuth, but sometimes telling others of your trials are the only way to truly understand them." It is an open invitation, the promise of a sympathetic listener should she desire it, one who would never use the tales against her, merely offer the perspective of age and perhaps wisdom - or simply listen in silence. But I know the quiet gift is hypocritical; what secrets I myself hold, I am ever reluctant to release, even to my own darling sister. A gentle smile accompanies my words, soft dark eyes searching hers for some sort of trust. I shift my weight, bright tail slashing at the air behind me, still quietly intent on young Ophelia. I will help you with your burdens, little one, if only you let me.

[Image: Rishifooter.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 07-16-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 07-18-2012, 01:46 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 07-18-2012, 07:40 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 07-20-2012, 11:41 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 07-31-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 08-01-2012, 05:21 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 08-01-2012, 06:09 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 08-01-2012, 11:20 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 08-01-2012, 11:55 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 08-02-2012, 11:30 PM