Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA                

Just one beat of your heart, and stranger than fantasy

I knew from the start you had to be the place for me

Is your love strong enough?

To most, memory is unreliable. The mind, in order to protect itself, changes the truth into something that the conscious can understand and handle; it invents motives and fabricates reasons. Often, it even shuts out the feeling of pain. This ability is precious, and Ophelia does not have it. She does not even possess the normal instincts which tell her to flee from danger and fear the unknown. Instead, her mind is a veritable encyclopedia of her life, remembering everything.

The offer Rishima gaver her, to listen and understand, reminded her so much of her sister that emotion rose in her throat. Ophelia swallowed hard as deep, unending love filled her chest to the point of breaking. She took a deep breath and exhaled, closing her eyes and thinking back to her first tragedy. Perhaps the first was the strong sense of injustice.

Ophelia's eyes snapped open. "When I was younger, my friend, Adele, found a dragon egg. She was only a few months older than myself, and I was very young. I envied her, but I was happy for her. I helped her catch and kill small animals to feed the dragon when she hatched, but when we returned to her herd land, I had to sneak in. Then, I did not understand why an equine herd would be threatened by my horn when I was so young; now I know that it was ignorance, injustice," she said quietly.

"The sneaking still bothers me." Ophelia shifted her weight, resting one of her hind hooves to relax. She trusted Rishima. If only the dark mare would offer her the same trust. Despite the Sun God's request, she would only give up a secret that could never be used against her, as Ophelia valued Rishi's trust.

The young mare's eyes darkened then. "One of my darkest secrets, however, is that I find myself wishing that Ktulu was still crippled - then she would need me again." Admitting that aloud was one of the most painful experiences of her life, and the filly turned her face away in shame.

"What about you?" Ophelia asked gently.

CREDITS

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 07-16-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 07-18-2012, 01:46 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 07-18-2012, 07:40 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 07-20-2012, 11:41 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 07-31-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 08-01-2012, 05:21 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 08-01-2012, 06:09 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 08-01-2012, 11:20 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 08-01-2012, 11:55 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 08-02-2012, 11:30 PM