Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA                

Just one beat of your heart, and stranger than fantasy

I knew from the start you had to be the place for me

Is your love strong enough?

Ophelia nodded to the mare, understanding what she meant. She had found the racism in Isilme, but it was also present here in Helovia. The young filly sighed. Like all young individuals, she wanted desperately to change the world; the world that refused to change. Still, Rishima was not saying more on the matter and Ophelia wondered why. Certainly the darker mare did not intend to listen to all of her stories and only offer sage advice?

The silence after her final admission to Rishima was terrifying. With a slow inhale, she held her breath, muscles tensing in case she had to run and hide her shame deep in the forest. What she spoke was something horrible, but she thought this dark mare would understand. But what if she did not? The words she spoke made Ophelia wince. They did not hold a convincing tone, and the pale filly kept her eyes cast downward, ears tilted to the side.

Why did she say anything at all? When Rishima explained her bond with her sister, Ophelia could not help but smile just a little. Ktulu was bold and brave, eager for action and rational. The young mare commanded attention with her sharp coloration and strong presence. When she explained that she wished that her sister was younger, Ophelia stared out vacantly into the distance, feeling the emotion in her heart cool. The heart simply could not take that much shame and embarrassment.

The advice was helpful, but not a comfort to her at this moment. Still, the filly politely nodded. "I understand," she murmured quietly. "I know I am loved. I... desire to be needed." She had to force out those words, not entirely sure that she should speak so frankly again.

But knowing that she felt similarly about her sister did help. Knowing that she wanted things to be like they were before... to be needed and counted on for so many important things. Something about Rishima made her want to explain so much more about how she felt about her sister, but she held her tongue for now. Ophelia was never one for explaining herself anyway as she was more of a listener.

"You and your sister sound similar to how I feel about Ktulu," she offered gently.

CREDITS

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 07-16-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 07-18-2012, 01:46 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 07-18-2012, 07:40 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 07-20-2012, 11:41 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 07-31-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 08-01-2012, 05:21 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 08-01-2012, 06:09 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 08-01-2012, 11:20 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Ophelia - 08-01-2012, 11:55 PM
RE: After a gathering [ Rishi] - by Rishima - 08-02-2012, 11:30 PM