the Rift

Rescue, Party of One [Psyche, Challenge]

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
The Judging team apologizes for any delays. We wanted to ascertain the verdict was fair and accurate.

P s y c h e | K r i
- - - - -
By my verdict PSYCHE is the winner.
Psyche earns 2 VP and prisoners remain in the Basin.

PSYCHE -- post 1 (attack only)

[Realism]
+ 1| Attack: stab towards Kri's left wing.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow.

KRI -- post 1

[Realism]
+ 1| Defense: moving to the side to avoid the horn. It's a good thing you mention you'll probably get hit if Psyche doesn't move away from your kick.
0| Attack: kicking towards her head. This is in and of itself a good attack, but with the close quarters, it doesn't seem plausible she'd get her feet up (if anything, she'd just smack into Psyche's legs/barrel and come no further). Since Psyche had been running in to be essentially side-against-side, Kri merely tossing her forefront away would not put enough space between them to let her feet get up.
0| Attack: wing slap to ass. At this point it's likely Psyche has taken/begun to take another stride away from Kri after the buck, meaning she'll be even further away. Kri would have to extend her wing very far backwards, and even then it's unlikely Psyche would still be within reach.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow.

PSYCHE -- post 2

[Realism]
- 1| Defense: the kick towards the head. With the close quarters, and the kick not being described as being the furthest Kri can reach, I'd think it'd hit some part of your legs/neck/chest at least even if you jerk your head away, especially since Kri has the "AIM" buff. While it's unlikely Kri would get high enough to hit your head, I definitely think her feet/hocks/lower legs would hit some part of you.
0| Defense: wing to ass. With the distance between them it's likely the only part of Kri's wing to reach her would be the trailing edge, ie the feathers, where there is nothing really solid. And if the leading edge, with the wing bone, hit you, you would've had her feathers covering your back entirely. So the damage just feels a bit too intense in this case.
+ 1| Attack: kicking towards Kri's shoulder.
+ 1| Attack: trying to stab Kri's thigh.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow.

KRI -- post 2

[Realism]
+ 1| Defense: kick to the barrel. Good for you you mentioned "up and out of the way" in your previous post, otherwise I would've been all "... where is your wing".
+ 1| Defense: avoiding the horn stab by taking off.
+ 1| Attack: trying to knock Psyche over.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow.

PSYCHE -- post 3

[Realism]
+ 1| Defense: shrinking away by using magic!
+ 1| Attack: trying to bite Kri's hock.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow.

KRI -- post 3

[Realism]
- 1| Defense: I'm not quite sure what you're doing to exactly avoid the bite. I get it as you're breaking your airborne front half, but the hind end skids on the ground but at the same time it seems like you're still in the air and rotating around your CoG, but if you had contact with the ground the friction would stop your hind end from flying forward like that, unless it was wet grass and yeah I just.. don't really understand entirely what's up with this move, or why Psyche would miss is completely as I'm not sure where Kri's legs are going.
- 1| Attack: "I follow through with the movement, throwing my weight downward toward my back hooves which extend in a kick..." implies that Kri is landing on her back hooves, so I don't understand how she can kick using them.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
0| Easy read: ".. back hooves skidding uncomfortably on the hard floor for a moment before I tuck my hind end swings away from the grasp of the bitch." I just have a really hard time understanding what this really means, and as a result the majority of the movements around this defense has me quite confused.
+ 1| Flow.

PSYCHE -- post 4

[Realism]
- 1| As I read Kri's post, Psyche only grasped the hairy part of Kri's tail, not the tail bone and flesh itself.
+ 1| Defense: scooped up and sent flying by Kri's kick.
+ 1| Attack: trying to bite Kri's right wing joint. Keep in mind that a jackal is a canine, and thus has blunt claws.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow.

KRI -- post 4

[Realism]
+ 1| Counter-attack: shoving shoulder into Psyche's face.
+ 1| Defense: some scratches from the teeth.
+ 1| Attack: bite!

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow.

PSYCHE -- post 5 (defense only)

[Realism]
+ 1| Defense: mouth slammed open.
- 1| Defense: not quite sure how she hit your jaw instead of the ear, or if you just mentioned the ear, or what..? still, Psyche is described as rather flailing, and among other things "pull back", so I'm just a bit like.. well maybe. But at the same time I think you stretched it out quite a bit, as a jackal would just drop to the ground and not get stuck on Kri's side.

PSYCHE

[Bonus]
+ 2| Breed.
+ 2| Surroundings.

[Injuries]
0| Nothing of note.

[Creativity]
+ 1| When Psyche transformed into a jackal to avoid Kri's air strike. It was really well done, it kind of amazed me as I understood what she was planning - a very well executed move.

Comments: Great job! This was a very nice fight to read, with very few "wtf?" moments and a lot of depth and neat moves! You have good fighting instincts, and your connection with Psyche is just admirable. The one thing I reacted to, though, was that sometimes your defenses were a bit off, so try to think them through one extra time before you settle on something! And keep in mind to read your opponent's post carefully, to make sure you get the location of where your attacks land correctly. Otherwise you did great, with clearly written attacks, and an overall neat pacing. Thumbs up!

KRI

[Bonus]
+ 2| Breed.
+ 2| Surroundings.

[Injuries]
0| Nothing of note.

[Creativity]
+ 1| Kri. Being Kri. She's just awesome, alright.

Comments: Good fight, as always! Kri is a fantastic read, and aside from the one time where I really did not understand what you were doing you did great. So, remember to wipe your mind before you proof read and ask yourself: "would this make sense to me if I hadn't visualized it when I wrote it?" Just keep up the good work!

TOTAL
Psyche - 72
Kri - 71

Image Credit: dirkjankraan @ Flickr

Messages In This Thread
Rescue, Party of One [Psyche, Challenge] - by Kri - 04-08-2013, 07:57 AM
RE: Rescue, Party of One [Psyche, Challenge] - by Official - 05-04-2013, 01:51 PM