the Rift

[OPEN] Goodbye, Apathy

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor</style>
And I know the moment's near and there's nothing you can do
Look through a faithless eye, are you afraid to die?
</style>

It was inevitable and I knew it, but I was still a bit taken aback when “the Golly Green Giant” appeared. For a moment his voices filtered through the shadows like a weak shaft of light and something about his fear made me smile. Did he think the boogey man would come roaring through the trees to claim him or did he just leave the tit too early? Whatever the problem, he was clearly out of his element and I decided that prodding him in the right direction might help him out a bit (and rid me of the nuisance that he would no doubt become). But of course, as I knew he would, he caught sight of me and latched on like a leaf to a branch. I can’t say that there was any good way to describe him other than a bumbling fool that had no real direction. He was obviously flustered and scared which led me to believe he was a complete idiot for trekking into the Forest without any real rhyme or reason. Was he trying to be brave? Noble?

If so, I thought I better be the one to tell him that the rainbows and fairytales were back the way he came.

Defender of peace and equality? What the hell was he talking about? I couldn’t help the raucous laughter that followed such a blasphemous introduction. He really had walked right out of a damn fairytale book, still delusional enough to believe that a damsel in distress was waiting for him far away in some tall castle with her long locks hanging over the window sill. I stared at him for a moment trying to understand why he felt the need to bother me with his name or even his presence, but at least he was entertaining enough. “And I suppose you’ve come to fight for my equality? It’s a kind gesture you’ve got going there, but listen… what the hell is wrong with you?” I gazed at him then and I could feel the corners of my lips curling casually from the grim line of my reluctance. I had no interest in humoring him or shielding him from the shadows that he was “supposed” to embrace.

He was the defender of peace and equality after all... and he certainly didn't have the cute face I was looking for.
Image Credits

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Goodbye, Apathy - by Thor - 04-09-2013, 12:44 AM
RE: Goodbye, Apathy - by Ulrik - 04-19-2013, 01:20 PM
RE: Goodbye, Apathy - by Thor - 04-21-2013, 05:31 PM
RE: Goodbye, Apathy - by Irrydae - 05-13-2013, 09:14 PM
RE: Goodbye, Apathy - by Ulrik - 05-17-2013, 07:37 PM