the Rift

Asleep and Dreaming [Tares]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Out of a cold sweat, I opened my eyes, the pupils darting frantically around. Nothing looked or felt familiar, except the blank feeling of my brain. I tried to remember what had happened before I woke up and was coming up empty handed. The familiar sense of panic sunk into my body. I shook my mane nervously....hating this sensation more than anything in the world. I walked slowly, and let my surroundings blanket the numbness that was my mind. I walked up to the edge of a glittering lake, the water gently lapping at the shores, and stared down into its depths. Catching my reflection on the surface, I realized that I had no clue what I looked like. My black coat was startling and the white vine marking curled around my nose was foreign to me. Tentatively, I shook my cream-colored mane again, to associate the action with a visual. I stared harder and electric green eyes, filled with fear, stared back at me. I was smaller than average, with agile legs and sinewy muscles, that were all tensed and frightened at the moment. I examined my own legs with curiosity, noticing the front right one ended in a white hoof instead of black. I lifted it and examined the muscles moving together beneath my coat with avid interest. With a sadness, I realized how little I knew about myself, the only thing having remained in my mind being my own name: Aure. I felt the familiar constricting of my stomach and throat and automatically steeled myself against the emotions rushing through me. I walked a bit more, to shake of the feeling of heavy loneliness that was threatening to weigh on me, when I came upon a strange tree. Red sap seeped from the bark in a sinister sort of trickle, but it did not scare me. I leaned against the trunk, flank heaving with repressed emotions, and wondered if I would ever be found in this strange land.

Messages In This Thread
Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-17-2012, 08:01 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 10:13 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 10:35 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 03:03 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 04:19 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 05:45 PM