the Rift

Asleep and Dreaming [Tares]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Tares’ smile, ever so slight as it was, made my heart flutter in a way that I knew I had felt before. It had been so long since I had had a friend and her flaming wing on my withers felt warm and comforting. I giggled at her phoenix companion flitting around under my wings, and I felt the sudden compulsion to be in the air, gracefully soaring among the clouds. I knew that I loved flying and I itched to experience my wings. I had the idea to invite her and her phoenix to fly with me, which I thought would be a nice way to get her more comfortable.

I thought about what she had said about forgetting the past and shaping the future. For such a shy and sad mare, this was a fantastic way to look optimistically at both of our pasts. I knew it was time for both of us to move on from feeling sorry about our pasts and to make the best of the rest of our lives. I saw now that I was lucky to forget so easily, while I was jealous of her ability to remember. It was going to be hard for both of us, especially when random bits of my past decided to trigger. The stallion’s voice echoed in my head, and I knew that he was someone I used to have romantic feelings for. This made me sad to think about what I had lost with him, even though I had no clue what it was. I decided to take Tares’ advice and forget about him. Maybe it would come to me in time, but it did not matter now.

“You’re very insightful. I am glad it was you who found me, because I think it is time I try to stop feeling sorry for myself. You have made me see how lucky I am to others who wish they could forget so easily.” I moved my wing in a soft comforting circle on her withers, and I could feel how tense she was with me touching her. I quickly stilled my wing feeling foolish and overly forward. I thought I should remove it from her altogether, but the feeling of comfort kept me there.

Her phoenix was enjoying my silky black feathers, and I was glad he had accepted me, the sweet little guy. Still, all of these wings made me impatient to get in the air. “Excuse me, but I am itching to fly. Would you and this sweet little phoenix like to fly with me? I miss the breeze, the clouds, really everything.”I stood and with a twinge of sadness, removed my wing from her withers.

Messages In This Thread
Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-17-2012, 08:01 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Open, Tares, Cassieopeia] - by Aure - 07-21-2012, 12:50 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 10:13 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 10:35 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 03:03 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 04:19 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 05:45 PM