the Rift

Asleep and Dreaming [Tares]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Even though she was so close to me, I barely heard Tares’ voice comforting me, as she gently guided me to the shore of the lake. I sat in silence, with her tail and wing wrapped around me comfortably. For the first time since I met her today, I was not thinking about gaining her trust, but about what I had missed in my past. The young colt’s voice haunted me more than the stallion’s or the mare’s, mostly because it was filled with innocence and admiration. I knew it was my little brother. It was strange to think that I had a sibling, and yet knew nothing about them at all. Thinking about him, I began to wonder about the rest of my family and how we had gotten separated. I had no idea, and it hurt me to think that they could still be out there missing me.

I suddenly remembered Tares, who had been comforting me all this time, which I knew was hard for her. I really owed her an explaination. “Forgive me, Tares. Sometimes, certain things trigger memories at spontaneous moments. This one was particularly hard, as I think it was the voice of my little brother. I never had thought about my family and who they were and all, but now that I do…”I broke off, not knowing what else to say as the pain overwhelmed me. I looked up into Tares’ sweet, concerned eyes with my own sad, defeated green ones. My withers slumped and I swung my gaze form hers, hanging my head, my mane sweeping down to cover my face.

I was glad Tares was here with me. These emotions were strange, not at all familiar in the way that flying was and I needed a friend to help me through them. I knew what she said about being optimistic, but my young brother’s voice echoed in my mind, there was not much I could do to shake it. I knew I missed him down to my core, but that complicated the matter further. How could you miss someone you don’t even know?

Messages In This Thread
Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-17-2012, 08:01 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Open, Tares, Cassieopeia] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 02:15 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 10:13 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 10:35 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 03:03 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 04:19 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 05:45 PM