the Rift

Asleep and Dreaming [Tares]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I took a deep breath, and rise to join Tares in the water. I thought about what she had said, and she was right. The past could not get to me, now that I had a new place to start over and a friend to start with. My brother and I were strangers…there was nothing I could do to change that at all. Right now, everyone was a stranger to me, even Tares and Arbutus. Though I liked them so very much, I hardly knew them; the question remained of why I was opening myself up to them. I waded through the water, closer to Tares and watched as she examined her own reflection. The marking around her eye in contrast with her black coat seemed to glow in the sun, and her coat shimmered. Her eyes looked judgmental towards herself, to which I was perplexed. “Hey, don’t look at yourself that way. You’re a beautiful mare, and if you think your markings change that, then my nose must make me look ridiculous.” Immediately, I wished I could take back my words. I had no right to tell this mare anything, and she could look at herself however she wanted. I quickly turned around and dipped my head in embarrassment, hiding again behind my mane as a curtain.

“I’m sorry,”I whispered. I shook my head and took a few steps away. What was I doing, letting two complete strangers into my head? My stupid, empty head, I thought resentfully. I could not keep going on like this, and felt the overwhelming need to retreat and take back all the personal things I had let slip into the air and jam them all back into my head. Only I knew that would never happen. I turned back to Tares. “The clouds feel just like this, but lighter. It’s a great feeling right?” I laughed feeling strained and cursed my heart for trusting too quickly, a quality that I knew could be risky. I longed to be like Tares, letting no one in, therefore I could not get hurt as easily. I somehow knew I always did this, and every time, I was wronged. There are reasons you do not trust strangers, and I had yet to learn any, but I knew when I did, they would be learned the hard way.

Messages In This Thread
Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-17-2012, 08:01 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Open, Tares, Cassieopeia] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 03:16 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 10:13 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 10:35 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 03:03 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 04:19 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 05:45 PM