the Rift

[PRIVATE] I died a long time ago, in that worn out war

Sumati Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

( This post died after the first sentence ;___; Sorry for the wait too. )

I was cautious of him. I was cautious of only my little eagle, wishing her home in such an uncertain situation. The spotted stallion seemed only injured, but it was the why that evoked such suspicions. I wasn’t worried for my herd much, only worried for myself and Sumä in the presence of such an odd soul. He was injured, and yes why was always a question, but what were his intentions? What a beastly horse roaming so close to my relaxing stroll. It seemed almost vaguely coincidence. A predator after him? Maybe he’d kicked its guts out.

It was a curious reason.

I scanned my body for visible tensions, and relaxed them. His eyes grew paler in the moonlight, a twinge of soft blue nestled into the light of them. He seemed only curious to me, taking his injury lightly – it was a normal thing to him. He seemed to shake it off so well when obvious pain could be dulling his mind, but he was still all there. Lacking signs of obvious pain intrigued me. I could tell from his eyes. He held on to such a stoic grace, speaking politely, unfazed by whatever just occurred. I was still wondering why he’d chosen to burn himself. Maybe he was emotional.

He spoke soon enough. He spoke his own name, which in itself made things so much easier. I quietly exhaled, pleased with my composure.

'Dreven, of nowhere.'

He had a nice name. It fit his regal build, but not the dirt and grass stains that mingled with his charismatic spots. I could definitely see he was from this ‘nowhere’ because of how completely disastrous his coat was – dully and stained, the blood that seeped from his would. Completely disastrous. My lips curled in a smile, however, and I tried to seem pleased by his presence. He went on in speech, and he spoke of how he’d not meant to burn the injury, but ease it with a cold touch instead of a hot one. He was magical, and at that point I was confused at how someone could so easily lose trust with their magic. The God of the Sun could just be toying with him.

“Dreven, you may have been gifted a new ability. Perhaps you’ve done something to please the God of the Sun? He often works in mysterious ways.” The way he left the veins was mysterious enough, I wondered if he decided to bless magic manually. It seemed like a reasonable option. I would be tired of answering mortal calls. Despite the newly aroused question, the question of where he'd been injured was still lurking.

“I hope you don't mind my curious asking, Dreven, but how did you come about injuring yourself in the first place?”

Sumati the Sinbird
there's no thunder to warn you that I'll bring you to your knees

credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: I died a long time ago, in that worn out war - by Sumati - 04-09-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: I died a long time ago, in that worn out war - by Sumati - 04-11-2013, 06:28 PM
RE: I died a long time ago, in that worn out war - by Sumati - 04-25-2013, 10:10 AM
RE: I died a long time ago, in that worn out war - by Sumati - 05-23-2013, 04:29 PM
RE: I died a long time ago, in that worn out war - by Sumati - 06-01-2013, 08:27 PM
RE: I died a long time ago, in that worn out war - by Sumati - 06-08-2013, 08:29 AM
RE: I died a long time ago, in that worn out war - by Sumati - 07-06-2013, 05:14 PM