[PRIVATE] Hopeful Uniting [Roland, Ktulu & Ophelia]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
INNOCENCE
You will never be mine

Ophelia had just discovered she was pregnant, so instead of going to the Aurora Basin to explain to Psyche the impending thread on the Edge as well as the threat of the assassins, she had thought better of it all. The alabaster mare had no patience or tolerance to deal with the Dark Empress' sickly sweet words and cutting gaze; she may just explode in a pale ball of weepy, word wielding wrath (try saying that five times fast). Instead, she traveled from the Steppe after spending time alone to cool her thoughts in light of the news she had just heard. Tears had been shed, anger had been screamed, and now all that remained was a hollow and a sliver of hope.

Something about being pregnant had changed the way she thought about herself. While she was generally unconcerned about her habits and her body, now, she could not stop thinking about the care she would have to put into her daily routine. If she was going to bear this child, she would do so responsibly - as responsibility as possible given her position in the herd. After stopping a few times to make sure that she received adequate food, Ophelia took the same path from the north to reach the Foothills as it seemed two strangers did.

The alabaster mare narrowed her gaze and clung to the shadows, using the magic granted to her by the Earth God as evidence of her leadership over the herd to appear entirely invisible. Darkness still tinted the horizon, the sky barely beginning to turn a navy blue from midnight black. A coolness clung to the air, whispering about the winter yet to come, and Ophelia's cloven hooves carefully walked around the fallen leaves, sure to not step on one.

""Do you make it a habit to call upon others at such an early hour?" Her sister said. Ophelia smiled. "What do you want?"

The alabaster mare came to stand just beside her sister, still invisible for the moment.

"There are growing tensions between the Aurora Basin and the Dragon's Throat. On behalf of Psyche, we request the Grey's assistance in the event of an attack. We are willing to pay for your efforts." The stallion who called himself "Roland" muttered those words, and Ophelia's brows dipped over her strange, dual colored eyes.

After all the times Ophelia had mentioned the Grey to Psyche, the black lead of the Basin had seemed entirely unimpressed. Perhaps that was Psyche's general state of existence, but something about this meeting seemed premature, off, even. Why would the Basin want their help now? And why with the Throat? Onni, the Shaman of the Throat had wanted to help Mauja, and Kri had not seemed perturbed by the unicorns even when Ophelia had been sleuth for their herd. When she visited the Throat, the herd did not seem to be preparing for war; Kri was absent, but her entire slew of warriors had met her calmly.

The alabaster chieftess released the magic that clung to her figure, slowly taking shape like a figure from mist. Ophelia's eyes bored into those of Arah and Roland, two names she had not recalled before. Why was Psyche sending two Basin members who seemed relatively new to ask about this contract? Was there a reason she was not joining this herself? Something did not add up.

"You say the Throat is your herd's enemy, but I have been there and have seen no mobilization toward war," Ophelia said, gaze narrowed every so slightly. The fact that she was pregnant and very round seemed rather odd compared to the intensity of her stance and expression. Normal mares "glowed" when pregnant, but Ophelia seemed to become even more out of place.

"The Grey does not mind fulfilling contracts for payment, but we do expect honesty. Unless you are planning on attacking the Throat and stirring a hornet's nest, I do not see why this contract is necessary." Ophelia said carefully, waiting to gauge their reactions. Did they even know the truth?

Credits: The-Ripple-Effects @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hopeful Uniting [Roland, Ktulu & Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 04-15-2013, 12:44 AM