the Rift

[OPEN] Glittering In The Sun{Ranked/Open/Joining}

Eios Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

swoosh, swoosh, swoosh
I was really becoming tired of listening to nothing but my wingbeats. My odd meeting with Shajake and my ever-so-brief meeting in that forest had done little to sate my wish to be in a herd. I knew some horses never joined one but, instead, chose to wander throughout their lives. While I certainly enjoyed my solace, time to pray to Father Earth and contemplate life, I also greatly enjoyed the company of others. What was the point in life, anyways, if all one did was think in ones own head but never speak those words aloud?

If one were the greatest horse in the world, but made no close acquaintances, hated or loved, would they not be forgotten mere moments after their death? Were we not all measured by the relationships( or hateships) we founded and nurtured throughout our lives? The way to living for the greatest good, for enlightenment, for a good life, was not solely through being pious. It was also made through living for passion and love and fire and fight. One could not live life well without truly living it. And the only way life could be truly lived without living it with others in it. Therefore, I must find myself a homeland in which I can nurture my young life.

I fly for quite some time longer, taking an uneventful short break to drink some water, before I enter the desert. It is a long, empty trek and it empties me as well as the landscape. I feel that, the closer I fly to my destination, the more whole I become in my mind. It is not to say that I feel as if I will be at home here. It is to say that I like the feel of this land. Its broad, empty expanses allow for inward thoughts without outward distractions. It also reminds me of my hot, lava-rock home.

I see a huge wall looming in the distance first...or,well, the beginnings of one. Just behind that I see trees and beauty, for I am high in the air, and wonder at why they are building a wall. It is certainly curious. But, as for now, I desperately need a drink. My aching wings strain to float me to the ground just outside the wall. Thinking it would be impertinent of me to enter the grounds without first speaking to somehorse, I look around. There is no one nearby and a heave a dry cough, causing a cloud of dust to spiral up about me. That had been effective, I think. My white hide stays pristinely clean though, despite all the dust swirling about. Now that I've landed, I can see that I've flown too long and I begin to see spots in my sapphire vision. Certainly, somehorse must have spotted me by now, I think, and though I find I cannot hear any longer(I pray this is just for the moment) I speak in my dry, though still raspy voice,

"Water..."
and hope somehorse comes soon.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Glittering In The Sun{Ranked/Open/Joining} - by Eios - 04-10-2013, 01:30 AM
RE: Glittering In The Sun{Ranked/Open/Joining} - by Eios - 04-19-2013, 02:41 AM