the Rift

[OPEN] Glittering In The Sun{Ranked/Open/Joining}
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Orangemoon and Birdsong were perhaps my most favored seasons. They brought cooler air to the desert and made a warriors duties more gleefully done without the weight of the sun to fry our minds and slander our backs. Don’t get me wrong, it was still very hot; but the heat was lessened by cool northern air blowing in from the mountains. I had spent the day patrolling, enjoying the afternoon thermals while keeping an eagle eye out for trouble. Lately my time used closer to home, rumors of evil magic had begun to trickle in. Magic that made you see a mirroring of yourself, except the image was altered and completely opposite of its original owner.

The safest place was behind Kri’s little wall.

In the distance a bobbing figure started to take shape above the hazy sand. Since I was flying rather elevated, my first thought was that it happened to be just another warrior returning home; but as the creature drew closer I realized my mistake. Very few clan members bore white wings with an alabaster body. The stranger descended landing only a few feet away from the boarders of my homeland.

Moments after his feet touched sand I pressed forward and closed my wings. Like a bullet I fell from heaven, only unfurling feathers once ground had grown to near for comfort. They extended and caught an updraft which slowed my descent considerably. Golden daggers touched sand, granules scattered as the last beats of my wings died out and they moved to fold along my spine.

Smiling as the last of said dust settled I greeted the stranger warmly, “Good day to you brother—what brings you to Dragons Throat?” It was obvious he was tired, but weren’t they all?
Our colours come alive when I collide with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Glittering In The Sun{Ranked/Open/Joining} - by Eios - 04-10-2013, 01:30 AM
RE: Glittering In The Sun{Ranked/Open/Joining} - by Midas - 04-11-2013, 02:02 PM
RE: Glittering In The Sun{Ranked/Open/Joining} - by Eios - 04-19-2013, 02:41 AM