the Rift

[OPEN] Danger Looms [ranked Edge/circe/throat]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
A million miles away, my heart was racing the sands alongside Tamira, who had consequently disappeared from the Edge altogether in all reality. I didn’t feel the urge to press her on the matter but an air of change was coming quickly and I could nearly taste it on my tongue. However, I never knew how fast change would come knocking at my door. In fact, as I moved along our borders, lost in an illustrious daydream, I didn’t even realize just how close I came to said change. However, when Ophelia’s voice rung out over the mists, change became exceedingly hard to ignore. I was quite certain that Mirage could handle whatever details came with the unexpected visit, but as my nature would behold- I was too curious to avoid response. So with a new profound urgency did I retrace my steps through the Edge in hopes of answering cause with relief.

I had no doubt that Mirage would be in attendance, though given her situation as a new mother, I did not want the various stresses of herd life to cause her strain. However, of course Mirage had a way of surprising me at every turn. She was still just as full of life and vigor and I was more than glad to receive her support in such a critical situation. I had only heard of the new Chieftess of the Foothills in rumors and small quips but they certainly did little to justify the pale beauty that stood before me. “Welcome Chieftess. I am Thor, second presiding WeyrLeader of the Edge. I do hope you’re able to make yourself comfortable during your time here.” I smiled warmly at the crimson tinged mare, hoping more than anything that she would find comfort here -a mere advantage in understanding her motives- until she was once again on her way to the Hills.

Upon reaching the pair, I had sidled up alongside Mirage, nudging her slightly to affirm my presence. I had no reason to interfere with her judgment and therefore after introductions had been made, I was more than content to listen quietly through most of the conversation. I wasn’t sure what Ophelia had come to inform us of, but I was sure that it couldn’t be good. After all, the new residents of the Foothills had done little in the way of sharing a neighborly welcome. Whatever it was that had sent her to the borders of the Edge was something that deserved our full attention. At least until whatever problems she voiced were solved indefinitely.

OOC| Excuse this garbage. As for Mirage, I didn’t mention the foals yet because I haven’t been able to make it to your birthing thread and I was afraid to assume he knew them.

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
RE: Danger Looms [ranked Edge/circe/throat] - by Thor - 04-10-2013, 09:28 PM