the Rift

[OPEN] Remember the light (Paladin, Open)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Light them up.</style>

The leaves had just started to change color, the grass leaned as an autumn wind beat it into submission. Tonight was an evening that seemed uninterrupted by the evil doings and going on’s of others. Tonight I walked and talked softly to myself, words intangible through the mutterings of a worshiper. Besides, who other than the gods would care about hearing a prayer? I shared with one god in particular, for he was my father, my rock. “Earth lord”, I whispered to the diamond sky, “be with me, light my path with your grace and mercy.” A shadow had fallen across the land, our world was under siege, yet the attack was dealt out by people that bore our faces. My own son had come across a fool who not only appeared as me, but also wore my father’s armor—and even claimed to have the same name. Midas. Had the secret evil in my heart, the same evil I had tried to smother—had it returned?

At first when Cera had told me, anger bloomed. I wanted nothing more than to expose this trespasser, but as I thought on it more and more; a realization came—I wasn’t ready to kill. Not yet. Wound yes. Not kill. My heart was tender, a healing spirit thrust into the life of a warrior. I tried to walk the golden path, tiptoeing the line between life and death. Good and evil. In all honesty, was my soul more clean then the most tainted? Ktulu had called me to her side, offered Cera and myself a home. Loyality to the throat demanded that I turn such requests down before they had even arisen.

She could see it though, even if I would not say. My heart yearned to follow, to walk in those silver footsteps and shield her from a bitter world. Yet, I didn’t, I remained permanently fashioned to the Throat. A decision that brought no regret. Dragon’s Throat was the place of my birth, I had seen my mentor die there. A son had been lost there, my parents had bled for its sand. Just as the power to move earth grew within me, so did the desire to perminatly see our home forever protected. Until the day came when either endless sleep overcame my strength as it did Azzuen, or Kri discharged me from duty.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Midas - 04-11-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Mauja - 04-21-2013, 05:50 AM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Midas - 04-21-2013, 06:40 PM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Mauja - 04-22-2013, 10:37 AM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Midas - 04-27-2013, 09:59 AM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Mauja - 04-30-2013, 07:46 AM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Midas - 05-02-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Mauja - 05-16-2013, 01:52 PM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Midas - 05-23-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Mauja - 06-01-2013, 04:40 AM