the Rift

[OPEN] Remember the light (Paladin, Open)

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

PALADIN
The sound of iron shocks is stuck in my head

Ophelia and Ktulu had lived in the Dragon's Throat, yes. He was aware of this fact. When he was still ruling the Foothills they had decided to wander off on their own and them become a part of the desert herd. He found that unlike his pale daughter and wondered how much she tagged along after Ktulu and how much she decided on her own. "Not as any slight to you, but I always found that strange..." he trailed with a shrug of his shoulders. "Ophelia was never even fond of the Tides and Ktulu never seemed the type to be peaceable."

Paladin heard Mauja's cool reply, but he was not phased. Tempers were easily riled when loyalty and friendship was called into question. In a way, it made his care for his daughter even more real. Whether or not that was a good emotion was still up to the jury to decide upon. His apology was unnecessary, and Paladin simply nodded his head once to assure the stallion that he understood. The father could not help but wander what Ophelia had done to earn the Ice King's friendship, but perhaps he did not want to know. This entire encounter was becoming far more revealing that he anticipated.

Mauja then chided him on not giving his name and the Valiant's expression soured every so slightly before turning to Midas. "I am sorry, I thought you knew my name," he said. "I am Paladin with a long list of history that would most likely be boring. Needless to say, I am not young and this country was not my first home." He used to be something great where he used to rule, but now? Well, he saw himself as a washed up warrior and defective leader, floating around through life without purpose. Soleil had actually supported his daughters in their insulting adventure, presumably taking their son with her.

Whatever mood Paladin was in, it was not playful. Mauja's grinning antics only served to make the stallion stiffen his scarred figure and flare his nostrils in a bit of a snort. He was almost tempted to rub in the Ice King's face that he would be going back to the World's Edge, the land he helped rip out from under his hooves not so long ago, but in a rare moment of true wisdom, Paladin thought better of that option and remained silent.

"I apologize for interrupting to speak of my own family. Was there something in discussion earlier?"

Messages In This Thread
Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Midas - 04-11-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Mauja - 04-21-2013, 05:50 AM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Midas - 04-21-2013, 06:40 PM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Mauja - 04-22-2013, 10:37 AM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Midas - 04-27-2013, 09:59 AM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Mauja - 04-30-2013, 07:46 AM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Midas - 05-02-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Mauja - 05-16-2013, 01:52 PM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Midas - 05-23-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Paladin - 05-30-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: Remember the light (Paladin, Open) - by Mauja - 06-01-2013, 04:40 AM