the Rift

[OPEN] I must stop staring at the sun.

Arathea Posts: 56
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Other :: 11/17 hh :: 12 HP: 56.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Raven

The high flat stone had some sides conveniently covered by some taller standing stones, giving a shelter for the soft, yet chilly wind. The stones were also warmed by the pale sun on this clear autumn morning. It had been raining for a few days, but these last had just been overcast and this morning brought the sun back.

It was welcoming for the large wolf; where she was from, the winters were like this autumn and the summers warm and dry. The ice, snow and sleet were nothing she was used to and she could search high and low in this land to find some pleasant place to spend the winter. She remembered the last one in The Edge. How she often found herself huddled up in a hole and wishing her fur would soon learn to adapt.

She rolled over onto her back where she lied on the flat rock and stretched out with a content grunt. Hind legs straight out across the stone, front ones up into the air and then slowly down over her head. Then she rolled over onto her stomach, stretched again before dragging herself up in a half sitting position, with her head rested on one of the standing stones.

The wind brushed her across the face while she peered around, ears moving this way and that way. The rock-formation was quite out in the open, with only a large oak nearby. Other than that, it was tall yellow grass all over. Like a lake of straws. She would easily see a horse coming, unless it was one of them small ones, sneaking through the grass. Though she would probably hear it moving through the dry straws, or smell it, should it come with the wind.

Messages In This Thread
I must stop staring at the sun. - by Arathea - 04-12-2013, 01:35 AM
RE: I must stop staring at the sun. - by Ayaka - 04-13-2013, 07:25 AM
RE: I must stop staring at the sun. - by Arathea - 04-14-2013, 05:42 AM
RE: I must stop staring at the sun. - by Arathea - 04-25-2013, 01:06 PM