the Rift

[OPEN] Oh Father, Where Art Thou?

Aiko Darleane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
“Another story? You want another?”

I laugh, and though I know I am starting to grow weaker by the hour, I know that this group around me is all I have left. Around they go, wandering around and giving me medicine. And even in my old age, it no longer heals me; though I take it and I don’t utter a word about it. I know my death is coming closer, but there is nothing I will say to them to let them know.

“Upon a week after my birth, my mother and father and I were in the Throat. My father heard his named called, and I tried to follow him, but I was told to stay back, to wait with her for him to return. Like a good daughter, I did, but the day grew to night, the night grew to day, and the day grew to night once more. This repeated for another 2 days, and he had been gone for a while. I was restless, and I wondered away from my mother, trying to find company in the Dragon’s Throat. I want to find someone, anyone, who would know where he had gone. There had to be someone, after all. I walk down, and I look up to the sky. It is bright and sunny, even with the changing of the season to fall, and I sigh. I call out, my lips dry, and my eyes starting well with tears for my Papa.”

‘Daddy, where are you?’

And out of all the things I've done
I think I love you better now

Messages In This Thread
Oh Father, Where Art Thou? - by Aiko Darleane - 04-12-2013, 12:51 PM
RE: Oh Father, Where Art Thou? - by Gaucho - 04-12-2013, 01:02 PM
RE: Oh Father, Where Art Thou? - by Cherie - 04-12-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: Oh Father, Where Art Thou? - by Aiko Darleane - 04-15-2013, 03:24 PM
RE: Oh Father, Where Art Thou? - by Levi - 04-30-2013, 07:34 PM
RE: Oh Father, Where Art Thou? - by Gaucho - 05-21-2013, 08:32 PM
RE: Oh Father, Where Art Thou? - by Cherie - 05-26-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: Oh Father, Where Art Thou? - by Aiko Darleane - 06-09-2013, 09:24 AM