the Rift

[OPEN] So you missed the intro? No worries, so did I.

Valka Posts: 32
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3
tay
At last the child seemed to calm a bit – at least, the quivering and tears abated, and Valka felt a little less like bolting away. She was… interested, truly. But she had bungled the entire meeting, terrifying the girl she only wanted to know more about – and all because she herself had the nerves of a rabbit! Scared of a filly… Valka shook her head a bit, embarrassed and flighty still as her heart hammered in her narrow chest.

”What is… magic?” Again the mind-voice spoke into her thoughts, and Valka’s muscles tensed involuntarily at the weird invasion of her most private thoughts. What a strange ability… though, now that Valka thought about it, the girl seemed unable to hear Valka’s own thoughts – only to channel new ones forward. That was at least a little comforting. Valka nodded to herself, then.

”Magic is difficult to explain…” she began. ”It…allows one to do many things – things most of us can’t do. You speak into my mind, but I can’t do the same. That’s… very special, don’t you think?” She made an effort to lighten her tone a bit, as if praising the girl. Valka’s own younger self had adored praise; she had both expected and existed for the opportunity. Perhaps this young thing was the same way? Difficult to know, of course, with how strange the filly was: hair like smoke – or more accurately, hair that was smoke – and the weird mind-talking ability… Something occurred to Valka then, and one of the mare’s long ears twisted back. ”Can you not speak aloud?” she wondered.

stock credit: elaineselenstock.deviantart.com | hellofascination1991.deviantart.com | burtn.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: So you missed the intro? No worries, so did I. - by Valka - 06-04-2013, 07:08 PM