the Rift

I am a leaf on the wind.

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis

Star kissed wings glided over clouds and cool winds, rustling small breaks in her dark feathers. Golden eyes looked down below, heart aching as she flew over miles and miles of uninhabited land. How long had it been since she had seen a familiar face? Communing with birds was no longer entertaining; they had this irritating inability to speak back. She had left her family back in slavery with their blessing, but that did not make the guilt hurt any less. Three times she turned around, and three times she turned around again. Why could they not have come with her?

Tears had already painted her blue face, and her well had run dry. Serenity tucked her legs under her pale chest and tilted her wings downward, descending slowly until she could see the tops of orange and yellow trees from under the misty clouds. Exhaustion from fighting against the frigid air above the clouds started to settle in the moment the earth's thermal radiation warmed her joints. While she was cautious to land in strange territory, especially when the ceiling of trees would keep her from ascending quickly, Serenity slowed her speed and allowed her body to carefully slip between branches.

Dark, gray hooves landed on leaf covered ground, and she lowered her muzzle, inhaling the warm and organic scent of the earth. Another smell crept into her sensitive nose as well, and she instantly jerked her head from the ground, auds turning around as she listened for any murmur of another. Others lived here. Were they kind? Would they try to enslave her again? Hawkish eyes darted from tree to tree, and she took a few hesitant steps forward.

Bravely but with care, she developed a rhythm in her solid steps, wings opened from her body just a little, long feathers almost touching the ground. If she need to take flight, she could. "I am a leaf on the wind," she whispered to herself, repeating the mantra that soothed her soul. "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar." Serenity could hear her mother speaking those words in her head as she was taught how to fly on newly formed wings. With a breath from her lungs, her mum had caused a leaf to take flight from its resting place on a log. Just be a leaf, Serenity, she said. A leaf on the wind.

I-mi @ Da

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 04-12-2013, 04:42 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Africa - 04-12-2013, 09:00 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Storm - 04-13-2013, 03:56 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 04-19-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Africa - 04-19-2013, 08:40 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Thor - 04-20-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 05-17-2013, 08:17 PM