Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

Again she came; addicted to the promise of company and the intoxicating thrill of the unknown. A brave new confidence glistened across Africa’s creamy sunlit eyes; though it was really only surface deep, balanced perilously of a cliffs edge. She wore a cloak of superficial courage, perhaps foolishly, and it was impressed with a spray of sea salt and a film of crimson desert dust. Not long had she dwelt amongst the Dragons, but already the indulging taste of belonging lightened the burden in her naturally restless stride. That plaguing anxiety was only a dim glow in her mind for now.

Large round hooves picked a careful path, practicing diligence and mimicking the grace she had witnessed of a friend in battle. With such precision had the robust warrior danced about his dumbstruck opponent, that Africa had been enchanted, promising in secret to fine tune her own tread so that she might be as lovely as he. Resolutely she observed the placement of each progressive step as her sinewy legs undulated elegantly beneath the flex of her breast. A brief flicker of mirth broke through grave concentration, and the young horse was pleased by her improvement. She savoured the bulge of dense grass tussocks beneath the rolling press of her hooves. She delighted in the intentional and successful silence of her passing, only the mundane drone of white noise riding the billowy breeze through the forest.

Africa chose a well worn, defined path on this occasion, ducking masterfully beneath heavy wood overhangs and dodging playfully, carefully, through the labyrinth of conifers and shabby undergrowth. The casual flick of her long well blended red and black tail, gathered bur and thorn, but she did not care. The young Pegasus was not one to spoil in vanities; she was too busy, trapped in the dream woven artfully by her mother’s gilded tongue, her imagination engorged and spilling over as she became the heroine in that fantasy world.

Thud... Thud... Thud. The firm stride of another attracted the dapple grey’s attention and she paused momantarily, peering ahead to where she believed the muffled sound had been made. Excitement leaked down through her long legs and the lean muscles within flexed and flinched in wild response. This was what she had come for. Compelled forward by the stranger’s existence, Africa began to search- not hunt, relaxing as she did so that the sound of her approach might not seem so sudden. Her watchful gaze traced the form of another Pegasus slipping carefully between the slim shafts of sunlight which penetrated the dense canopy above. The young mare whickered softly, closing the diminishing distance between them, though she was cautious to allow the stranger private space.

“Hello.” She cooed softly, through a warm and sincere, tentative smile. “I’m Africa.” Simple and pleasant was her tone, and the introduction spilt loosely, and without formality into the air.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Messages In This Thread
I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 04-12-2013, 04:42 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Africa - 04-12-2013, 09:00 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Storm - 04-13-2013, 03:56 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 04-19-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Africa - 04-19-2013, 08:40 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Thor - 04-20-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 05-17-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Africa - 06-02-2013, 02:43 AM