the Rift

I am a leaf on the wind.

Storm Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The stormy lass flew over the forest at surprising speeds, not even giving a glance towards the mountains that she treasured so much before. Her gray blue eyes were cold and hard, and her lips were turned down in a stern frown. Instead of doing tricks in the wind, playing in the air, there was not a gleam of kindness, nor a trickle of warmth in her hard face. Anger was the only thing that was taking control of her right now. Storm didn't know where she was going really, she was just wandering aimlessly over vast lands that seemed to have no ends. The unknown tears leaked down her eyes. The lass sniffed, trying to control her overwhelming sadness and fear, to try to make herself stop sobbing, but they racked through the warrior's body, weakening her each flap of her giant wings, powerful wings. Storm really didn't feel free anymore, with the growth in her stomach. In many months, she would have to give birth to an unwanted foal that was never planned for. How did it happen? Did one night really cause unknown consequences. How would the foal be cared for? Storm has a wild spirit, one that couldn't be contained. The lass didn't have that motherly streak in her, it was a distant thing really, maternity...She wasn't ready for the burden.

She shut her eyes leaked with water trying to imagine how her mother took care of her before, so very long ago. How was it that she soothed her when she was scared again? The memories leaked back to her in flashes: sweet, comforting nuzzling, songs sang to her, the warmth of their bodies together. She inhaled another sharp breath of air, a smile now starting to appear on her muzzle as she imagined her dear mother taking care of her. She snapped out of it though, opening her steely eyes, and thinking about the stallion again. If she found him again....she forced herself to take a deep breath and calm down. Nothing good would come out of fighting and being angry. What is wrong with you? She thought to herself. This is not you. What happened to the real you? The fiesty fighter? Wow. Being pregnant really does mess you up, Storm. She thought to herself again, seeming to have some sort of internal conversation. She sighed to herself, and dove down towards the forest. She didn't have the will to fly anymore at this point. She felt like taking a stroll through the forest to calm down her churning emotions.

Storm landed on the ground with a thud, ungracefully stumbling, and galloping, opening her wings to slow her landing down. Annoyed, emitting a growl from her mouth, Storm flipped her wild mane out of her face, and pricked her ears up. Her wild temper was getting the best of her, leaving her with barely any patience. She commenced to walk from her stopping point, weaving through the points, avoiding some of the low lying branches, and jumping over the upturned trees and roots, the storms really did rip some of them up. Shadows covered her as she walked deeper into the trees, making her seem like part of the darkness. Her powerful legs carried her forwards at a surprisingly fast pace, causing the leaves to break and crunch under her sharp hooves. Her eagle like wings were plastered to her flanks as she continued walking quickly, not knowing what she was doing, or where she was destined to go.

All of a sudden, a voice, clear, but quiet rang through the clearing, and interest sparked in the mare. Storm wasn't looking for anyone, not wanting to encounter other horses while she was so emotionally trashed, but how could she avoid the lass that was supposedly right in front of her? Through the trees Storm saw a beautiful pegasus mare, so beautiful she seemed like twilight impersonating on a horse. She had sweet golden eyes, and a black and golden body with golden flecks, as if the gods sprinkled her with stardust. Her wings were quite magnificent too, black and gold with the same flecks that covered her body. Storm intently listened to what she said, pricking up her ears and holding her breath just to receive and take in her words. A leaf in the wind. Another wave of grief pushed through her body, making her stomach nervously churn. That was what she was really, before she got this unwanted burden. A leaf on the wind. The fae's word struck her hard, and she took an instant liking to this wild spirit. Like her, nothing could keep them from the sky. Watch me soar. How would it be like to be an equine, bound to the ground never knowing the sky? It would be hell on Earth. Watch me soar. Watch me soar. The words repeated in her head, and at last, she emerged from the trees. The fae's words sparked a new found hope in the stormy gal, and she knew they were both free souls.

"Hello", Storm kindly said, covering up her previous anger. The tears that leaked before were now dried on her face, but still left a dark grey trail. "I am Storm", the words flowed from her mouth perfectly without any stutters, with a pleasant tone. All of a sudden another emerged from the forest, with a happier tone. Sunlight filtered through the trees tops, and Storm saw the form of another pegasus, a female that wasn't much younger than her. Anger surged through again. Who invited her? She didn't feel like meeting the whole darn world, and she just trudged in. Africa. The name repeated in her head angrily. So youthful, and carefree, not having any troubles. She wasn't pregnant. She didn't have to suffer. Storm looked back towards the starry fae. Same with her, the freedom she had, but strangely there was no feelings of hostility. She was wild and free, and any pegasus like that, was a friend. But jealousy was surging through her staring at the dappled mare. She didn't have to suffer. Stop! Don't blame others for your problems. Stop being rude. The thought trickled in her mind, scolding her for being so mean without even knowing the dappled mare. "Hello Africa", the words slickly came out of her mouth, with a half hearted smile, no where near as kind as the smile towards the other mare. She sounds nice. Stop it! The thoughts came back into her mind, trying to force her to be kind. Storm stood there with a smile, trying to hold it as she took her wait for their replies, particularly interested in the starry gal. A startling thought suddenly entered her mind...What if...What if they were part of a herd? She could temporarily join, give birth, stay with the foal a while, and leave again. Yes! Perfect. She began her internal conversation with herself again, You're cruel. You don't care about the foal. What is WRONG with you? She pounded herself with the thoughts. Cruel but true. She wasn't fit for maternity.

Messages In This Thread
I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 04-12-2013, 04:42 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Africa - 04-12-2013, 09:00 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Storm - 04-13-2013, 03:56 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 04-19-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Africa - 04-19-2013, 08:40 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Thor - 04-20-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 05-17-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Africa - 06-02-2013, 02:43 AM