Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

“I am Serenity...” The young dapple grey mare’s company revealed, and although the blue and gold mare’s voice rang laden by unfamiliar sounds, she thought it was quite a fitting name- based on first impressions of course. I like it...

All of a sudden, struck like an insect in a sticky web, Africa’s serene composure faltered, poisoned by the sinister, accusatory stare of a clearly miserable grey Pegasus. “Hello... I am Storm.” ‘Storm.’... And just as gloomy, she decided secretly, as Serenity was addressed most pleasantly, and she was ignored. Africa affirmed that it was no becoming quality, and this name was also well suited.

Ample time on the sideline allowed Africa opportunity to assess the third party, Storm, taking for herself as much detail as she preferred. The thin grey fur lining the mare’s sloping cheek, bared dry tear-stained channels that exposed perhaps, the aftermath of some emotional encounter; her eyes seemed glassy too as the light glow of sunlight shimmered across them. Both resentment and anger, all of which Africa seemed the unwitting target for, shimmied through her entire expression- aside from when she glanced towards Serenity.

Oblivious to pregnancy, its woes and hardships alike, the young amateurish mare watched on feebly. The tension leaked ruthlessly from the upset horse, grinding against the dapple grey’s nerves. Inwardly she churned with disconcertion; outwardly, the humble creature shrouded herself beneath an unassuming stare- straight and simple, despite the terseness of her predicament. Quite impulsively, Africa turned to lip delicately at the lace of feather-work across the union of wing and whither.

Finally, after what felt to the dapple grey horse like a good part of the day, Storm greeted her. “Hello Africa”- effortless, in spite of the unenthusiastic smile decorating it. Africa graciously accepted the slim offering however, and returned a warm smile. Strange creature... she mused. If ever their paths were to cross again, Africa would surely turn tail and flee.

“What is this land?” ...came the welcome distraction of Serenity’s exotic tone. Africa’s eyes parted from Storm quickly, relieved of their station to monitor the aggressor for now. “Are there herds?” One cupped ear leaned forward curiously, allured by the peculiarity of the blue and gold Pegasus’ querying; the other remained fixed on the position of the unstable grey.
You are lost... She presumed, only because no other she had met spoke with a comparable accent. Her pale gaze mellowed, and affability once again reflected in the pools of her eyes. “We are standing in the fringing forest of Helovia.” She explained reassuringly. Not all are like her...

Yes, there are two herds, Aurora Basin and Dragons Throat.” Africa explained inexpertly, before adding with a childish giggle- “There are no dragons in the latter though, we are quite intimate. It’s where I call home.”- she had only encountered the Basin and her homeland, during her Helovian journey so far. Also, she knew seldom about the Basin, only that the ‘lying sleezebag that wears a crown’ lived there and had stolen two of Africa’s family- Lana and Athena (or so the conversation had divulged). “Are you searching for one?” She continued, relaxing still further into her naturally casual approach; that ear though, never strayed from its post.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Messages In This Thread
I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 04-12-2013, 04:42 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Africa - 04-12-2013, 09:00 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Storm - 04-13-2013, 03:56 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 04-19-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Africa - 04-19-2013, 08:40 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Thor - 04-20-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 05-17-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Africa - 06-02-2013, 02:43 AM