the Rift

I am a leaf on the wind.

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis

It seemed like the gray mare on the verge of a breakdown had better places to be. Now, Serenity fully turned her attention to Africa, finding herself more eager to learn about this land than she had anticipated. Was it fear that drove her desire for knowledge? Or curiosity? Rarely had she been allowed the luxury of curiosity and being able to fulfill the questions that lingered in her mind, but now she was free. She had to remind herself of that, often. She was free. She was a leaf on the wind, allowed to ride the breeze where she wanted.

The liberation was frightening. She would have to make choices, choices she never had to make before. What if she made the wrong one?

"Helovia," she murmured to herself quietly, repeating the words to remember the name. Well, the land sounded lovely, as if it was named by kind hearts. In a way, the land sounded regal. Maybe she would have a chance to make something of herself, something more than a slave.

Serenity then tilted both of her blue ears forward to listen to Africa intently. What she displayed was trust, and that was not an emotion easily given. "You do not have dragons? Did they used to live there? Why is it called such?" she asked curiously, her golden eyes almost soft. The starry mare sighed then a little, frowning. "I am not sure what I am looking for honestly. Perhaps friendship and maybe a home. Where I come from, I was not given much of a choice, so I want to make the right one. Perhaps I will visit this Aurora Basin and Dragon's Throat so that I may decide for myself...." she mused aloud.

A stallion approached then, and Serenity tensed, pushing her wings from her body ever so slightly. She felt the wind glide over and under her feathers, and her hawkish, golden eyes stared at him intently, waiting, suspicious of his intentions. Only when he nodded to Africa as if they knew each other, as if they were friends, did she settle. Serenity pulled her wings back to her sides and furrowed her brows, wondering if she would ever be normal - if she could ever not look at everyone as an enemy.

She wanted to apologize, but she was too embarrassed. Instead, she quickly averted her gaze to the landscape around them, pretending to find something of interest with a distant tree. He introduced himself as Thor and then said there were more herds. She felt overwhelmed for a moment before taking a deep, long inhale. Softer eyes and furrowed brows turned back to his face, curiosity burning again.

"More herds?" she questioned, her voice lilted with a delicate accent. Four herds, he said. She would have to visit each one then, she guessed. Or did she? Perhaps she could choose now and have safety before venturing out? No, no, no. Informed decisions. "I am Serenity," she then offered, remembering that she had not given him her name.

"I appreciate the invitations from both of you. The thought of living alone is unappealing, but I feel as if I should visit both places before making a decision," she replied quietly. "Is that... is that normal to do? Would anyone object to that here?" she asked, unsure of how to behave while on her own, especially not in this foreign land. "Perhaps I could visit the closest herd first? Is one of your homes closer?"

I-mi @ Da

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 04-12-2013, 04:42 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Africa - 04-12-2013, 09:00 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Storm - 04-13-2013, 03:56 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 04-19-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Africa - 04-19-2013, 08:40 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Thor - 04-20-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 05-17-2013, 08:17 PM