the Rift

Fading Echoes

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I am no stallion, though I have been mistaken for such.

The thick musculature of my body deceived the eyes of those who did not know me well. Unfortunately, even the words which spilled from my lips were often laced with a masculine overtone that made others question my gender. I found it rather irrelevant now. In my younger years, I had believed women were much more capable than our male counterparts. However, several individuals of trustworthy action have since corrected my thoughts. The General brothers Voltaic and Azzuen, soon to be followed by the young tobiano named Midas; they were honorable brothers. I loved them well.

However, my acceptance of the other half of the population did not dent my self-esteem. I still felt often that the majority of those in this world were daft. I found that discussing topics with them or much else was nothing but wasted breath. Idiots, idiots. Tio, for instance, what a gutless yellow belly he turned out to be. All talk and no bark, though perhaps my letting the guard of the Throat down is what he has been waiting for. When he did come, chasing after the crown of the Dragon's Throat with his fumbling hooves, I would be sure to knock his head off his neck for good measure. I was questioning whether or not he actually had a brain worth mentioning in that skull of his, but I would do away with the pea-sized thing anyway.

Today was much the same as any other, except that I was flying south from the Basin sore from my fight with Psyche. Bitch had deserved whatever she got, as far as I was concerned. There is little else in this world I despise more than a liar. I hope she rots in a grave I dig for her later when I have more time. With the sun in the sky, chasing after me as I soar across the sky, I make it to the familiar tree tops of the Threshold. The anger in my gut has been quenched by battle, and I look with clearer dark eyes around my world here in the heights.

It is then that I see her.

A small chocolate body descending down toward the trees. I smile to myself, thinking how silly it is for a pegasus to search for kin on the ground when we are naturally creatures of the sky. No matter. I set my wings to tilt downward, gliding easily after her, toward the area I presumed she landed. I tuck my wings close as I squeeze in by the autumn trees, flaring them when I am within a large enough clearing to spare my knees a massive jolt. Then, it is but a matter of a search.

Thankfully, the mare is helping me out. A girlish call rings from the forest trees, and I send out a nicker in response, heading easily in the direction, though I doubt she heard me at this distance. I take up a trot, eating up the space between us as I navigate carefully between the trees. Suddenly, a charcoal face meets me with bright eyes. I halt, my blonde mane cascading over my face wildly for a moment as a gust of wind abruptly follows. I breathe in a deep breath and pull my head up, looking at the larger girl with enough confidence to make me seem tall.

"Hello, there," I say, my voice even yet brutish, as though a stallion were speaking instead of a Queen. "I am Kri. Are you new to Helovia, my dear?" I ask, dark eyes looking at her authoritatively. She may not have any clue who I am, but she would be blind to not realize I am someone important or, at least, self-important.""

credits

Messages In This Thread
Fading Echoes - by Iris - 04-12-2013, 09:47 PM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Kri - 04-13-2013, 12:01 AM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Pheonix - 04-13-2013, 02:46 AM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Iris - 04-13-2013, 08:51 AM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Pheonix - 04-16-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Kri - 04-19-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Iris - 04-19-2013, 11:52 PM