the Rift

[OPEN] Catch a falling star (Elope)

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel

Little flakes of snow trickled down around me, I walked quietly and slowly through a small glade. Puffs of mist escaped my nostrils and clung to the tips of my cold, wet nose. Velcro like frost attached to my ebony hooves like a bee gathering nectar. I had to pause ever so often and shake them off; luckily, my trail wasn’t as slippery today as it had been during the ice storm. The ground was soft and forgiving to walk upon. Momma was still sleeping, I would have been asleep had my energy not surpassed hers by leaps and bounds. As an inquisitive child, it was the desire to get up and explore that set my body scampering away into the darkness. I had stuck off. Again. Not far of course. Mother was near, she always was; because I happened to be rather small, and small people couldn’t get very far for any length of time.

My little violet legs no longer wobbled as they held my weight up. Delicate cranium lifted, orbs filled with childish wonder at how many stars there were. Breathing in deeply I filled my lungs with a mouthful of Orangemoon air. Smiling gleefully I stuck out my tongue experimentally to catch the tender flakes upon it. One landed on my nose, balancing itself on the soft velvet before the heat of my body made it melt away. Giggling I made of a game of this, catching the snow and watching it melt as soon as my flesh came into contact. A bright ruby dawn approached, heavens fire ignited above me. Each crimson waves melting into hues of violet and finally gold. I looked up again, watching it rise until the rays of light peeked over the distant mountains.
credits

Messages In This Thread
Catch a falling star (Elope) - by Sielu - 04-12-2013, 10:18 PM
RE: Catch a falling star (Elope) - by Snö - 04-13-2013, 06:28 PM
RE: Catch a falling star (Elope) - by Sielu - 04-18-2013, 10:47 AM
RE: Catch a falling star (Elope) - by Snö - 04-28-2013, 05:12 PM