the Rift

[DROP] Abandoned Emerald [Green Dragon Drop]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
WILL YOU RISE ABOVE THE PAIN
OR WILL YOU SIMPLY COME UNDONE?

Since my rise to the title of Wingleader, my mind had been running amuck with a million different thoughts. In the matter of one announcement, I was suddenly handed a silver platter of tasks to complete, and the time given to me never seemed like it was long enough. I had lengthened my daily patrols around the borders of the World's Edge, for ever since talk of multiple threats towards the land, I had been plagued with terrible thoughts of an entire army barging in when we least expected it. It was my duty to serve and protect, and while I didn't mind it in the least, it did eat up more hours in the day.

On the other hand, there were still the constant struggles happening within my own, personal family. Tor had returned to us unharmed, thank the Gods, but it was impossibly difficult for myself and my children to welcome her back with arms wide open, as if she had never left to begin with. It was always a tender subject around the twins, so I often found myself avoiding the situation altogether, though I knew deep down that that was not the proper way to handle the situation. I needed to speak privately with the pale maiden whom had managed to steal my heart away so quickly, and find the answers to my never-ending agony of why.

Of course, there was also the matter of the quest gifted to me by the God of the Sun. It was quickly proving itself to be quite the daunting task, as I had honestly not expected it to take so long; but I would not hastily rush into it just to get it over with. My request was one that I held very near and dear to my heart, and the journey given to me needed to be cherished.

Exhaling a gentle breath, I paused in my walking, turning my head to gaze just south of the Edge's borders. It was a quiet day, a peaceful day where the wind tousled my mane playfully, as if enticing me to turn and run with it. Call me a fool, but the idea of simply thundering across my home sounded delightful; humble as I was, I still knew how to treat myself every once in a while. But before I could give in to the tempting of the wind, a figure in the distance caught my eye, causing my muscles to tense briefly, eyes trying desperately to place a name on the retreating form. They were small from what he could see, much too young to be wandering away from home and to who knew where by themselves. A feeling of anxiety washed over me at that instant, and I knew that I must follow her. Even if I did not directly know the filly nor her parents, it was my duty to protect, especially when it came to the innocent life of a youth.

Picking up my pace, I followed the youngster at a distance, torn as to whether or not I should reprimand her and send her home, or if I should merely act a babysitter and assure her safety as she explored. In the end, I decided on the latter, although my resolve nearly broke as we grew further and further away from the protection of the World's Edge. Open spaces slowly became thickened with trees of yellow and orange, some of which had already begun to drop their leaves. Autumn had always been my favorite season, and as beautiful as the edge of the Deep Forest was, I knew very well the dangers that could lurk within. With a tingle of fear in my chest, I lengthened my trot and began to close the gap between myself and the filly, whom I could now recall seeing at the most recent of herd meetings.

As soon as I entered the thickest part of the forest, the strangest of feelings welled inside of me. I was unsure what it was, but it reminded me of a similar feeling I often gained as I charged into battle in Valhea. It was a mixture of unbridled excitement and unrestrained courage, with an underlying of fear. My body shuddered as I continued on, and I gave a great shake of my head to try and rid myself of the strange feeling. Was I finally going crazy? Surely not, for as hard as it was at times, I was still sound of mind.

A flicker of pale hide ahead of me snaps me from my musings, and I quickly move in to close the gap between myself and the filly, hoping that I did not startle her in my approach. I slowed before I was upon her, and extended a velveteen muzzle towards her as I spoke. "The Deep Forest is no place for a filly," I say, my words warm in hope that I didn't upset the youth. "What is your name, child? I am Destrier." I pine to say more, but the sudden twinkling of gold catches my peripherals, drawing my attention to the enigma that is set out before us.

Bran had often spent nights in the stable, more often when he was upset than any other time. Every time he would have a book tucked beneath his arm, and not a time went by where he would not open it and read aloud. While I didn't always understand the context of his words or the things he was talking about, the stories had intrigued me nonetheless. When I laid eyes upon the small, humanoid figures before us, my mind instantly conjured one word; 'fairies'. They were magical beings, told to be only of myth and nothing more. I supposed I should not be so surprised at seeing such creatures, however, for I had not previously believed elemental magic existed until my arrival here.

The fairies seemed to have their focus upon something, something hidden from him until he dropped his head for closer inspection. Ah, an egg! It was a brilliant green hue, and judging by the expressions upon the faces of these fairies, something was not right. A pang of worry fluttered through my chest, and my chocolate eyes turned softer as well as my voice. "You are... fairies, yes?" I asked, genuinely curious as to whether my knowledge was correct or not, before I continue. "What has happened here? Perhaps my young friend and I can be of assistance." A smile pulls at my lips as the words slip out, for while I have no prior experience in anything of this sort, I was always up for helping those in need.

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abandoned Emerald [Green Dragon Drop] - by Destrier - 04-13-2013, 01:38 PM