the Rift

[DROP] Abandoned Emerald [Green Dragon Drop]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

Almost as soon as the words leave my lips, I catch the telltale sounds of another approaching our group. It is yet another youngster, close to a year if I had to guess, obviously older than the little filly Sakura at my side. Her speckled pelt is a coloration I have only seen once or twice in my lifetime, and I could not help but inwardly admire it. When the filly spoke, I was surprised at what slipped from her mouth; she seemed to speak with the wisdom of an adult, somebody far beyond the years she surely had yet to witness. She was right in her statements, however, and with a flash of a smile in her direction, I dropped my head once more to shift my attention back upon our tiny, winged company and the prize they guarded.

Concern crosses my eyes as I tune in to the woes of the fairies. I had been tasked with protecting a land throughout my life, most recently the World's Edge, but I could not imagine keeping tabs on an entire forest, especially one as grand and wide as Helovia's. In my short time here, I had already witnessed many a great things, and heard even more riveting tales. I could not imagine the perils that this land faced on a daily basis, but I would not turn away from the plight of these creatures and their home.

They speak again before myself or either of the fillies can speak, and with a keen ear I listen, absorbing every word spoken. A task was to be given to each, and I instantly could not help but worry for the children's sake, what they might be. I knew not of the spotted child's life experiences nor what she was capable of, or even where she had come from. Sakura, however, was barely a season old, and without her parents present, it was my duty to uphold her safety and return her home. The fairies directed their attention upon me first, speaking of a rouge group of spiders. Curiosity strikes me, for I had never seen spiders larger than the palm of a human hand. Surely they couldn't be so bad? Then again, this was a land full of mysticism, and I knew I shouldn't anticipate anything to be so easy.

Then, Sakura is handed her own task. It doesn't sound quite as dangerous as what it could have been, and hardly noticing it, I send the fairies a grateful smile. Lastly, the spotted filly is told to shed light upon the rotting trees of the forest. A perplexed look crosses my face as even I am unsure how I would tackle such a thing, but I have confidence that the wise filly will find a way to come out victorious.

"I will take care of these spiders," I speak, before turning my attention to the pale figure of Sakura and dropping the height of my head to match her own. "You be safe, alright? And good luck." With that, I press my muzzle gently into her crest, as if trying to extend my courage and strength into her before I pull away. My eyes settle on the other filly for a moment, and although I do not know her, I do not wish her ill in her journey. "I wish you just as well," I say with the flash of a smile before I finally turn, and start into the depths of the forest.

I am not entirely sure where to start my journey or where exactly these spiders are, so for some time, I feel as though I am wandering aimlessly. With sharp eyes I scan the thick of the forest, ears flickering at every noise as I check every nook that I gaze upon, but it is to no avail. Eventually, though, it seemed the Gods above had had their fun and finally lent me a break. Up ahead, I catch the scent of what can only be water, but there is something strange about it. With caution I press on, my steps careful as I close the distance between myself and the body of water.

As I near my target, my eyes gazed upon the most startling thing of all. When the fairies had spoke of large spiders, I had not thought of anything to this magnitude. Ahead of me, standing at the edge of the water, were a group of six spiders. They were of epic proportions, and if I were closer, I was certain they would come to my knee in height. I was unsure what exactly they were doing, but through the clear water, I could see the outline of a school of fish cowering as far as was possible. A part of me wanted to shudder, but I was not afraid; I had faced enemies bearing steel and hatred, wanting to shed the blood of me and my brethren. I had learned that not all were as they seemed, in the instance of Osiris and his canine family some time ago in these very woods. So, taking a deep breath, I emerge with a confident step, breaking my cover.

"We all must eat," I speak up, drawing to a stop just yards away from the closest arachnid, "But is this really fair? They cannot do anything for themselves." Already, I half expect them to turn and come after me, for I am better off than the defenseless fish who have nowhere to run. I can only hope I won't be finding myself in a similar predicament. Exhaling a breath, I speak again, my tone kind yet holding a firm underlay. "I'm afraid I must ask you to leave; I am told that you are not allowed in this part of the forest."

Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abandoned Emerald [Green Dragon Drop] - by Destrier - 04-19-2013, 05:29 AM