the Rift

[PRIVATE] Before the Dawn

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Almost immediately, she regretted her words, her choice of questioning. She was also forced to question her own past actions - of bringing Tor back to the Edge, of giving her a task, a chance to prove herself.. Had she failed already? The little shadow mare hoped that the pale healer was not truly absent - she hoped that she was simply lurking in the mists. She knew that Tor had been trying, somewhat, Thor had mentioned as much, but still it was disconcerting to hear that she hadn't begun with the one whom she had claimed held her heart. Was she so ashamed of herself that she couldn't bear to face her beloved again? Her children?

"That is sad to hear. I hold hopes for the best outcome, whatever that may be." The WeyrLeader spoke quietly, seriously. Akaith cooed softly from her spot amidst the twins, resettling her wings in much a fashion that spoke of her disapproval of a mother to abandon their young before they were able to properly defend themselves. You abandon your hatchlings when they are but hours old! Mirage quipped amusedly to her. They are not defenceless like your soft skinned kind, the little queen replied coolly, promptly ignoring the two equines to return to adoring the sleeping children.

"It is a comfort to know they have a strong father to watch over them, at least, as well as many friends within the herd more than willing to defend them against harm." The warm, soothing voice of Mirage added, a kind smile gracing her lips as her façade softened to one of a friend attempting to give hope to another friend. She did still have hope in Tor, but had Tor lost that hope in herself? If that occurred, then all would be lost for the pale mare. Perhaps it was time to reignite her passion to rise to the challenge set out to her. Of course, Mirage could only do so much - truly, it was up to Tor herself to fix the mess she wrought on her abrupt, heartbreaking departure.

"Is there anything I can do for you in the meantime, Destrier?" The mare finally realised that his approaching her might not have been happy coincidence at all - had he come to her with a purpose, only to be distracted by her songs and idle conversation? Even so, Mirage treated most longer term members of the Qian as part of her family before she repositioned the metaphorical crown upon her poll and stood before them as their Queen.
You are always their Queen.
I hope not all the time, dear one.
Even before the mists granted you this title you were their queen.
An image of the Qian roaming in the depths of the Deep Forest surfaced from Akaith's mind and into her own. Mirage smiled a shadow of a smile to her little dragon.
I was their friend then too. It is they who called me their queen and weyrleader.
Still, a queen you were then, a queen you are now, a queen you always shall be.
If you say so, dear one.

[ Sorry for the wait, and the rustiness of this post. I take a couple of weeks off and I forget how to write, apparently -.- ]
Mirage the DragonHeart

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
Before the Dawn - by Mirage - 04-13-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Destrier - 04-14-2013, 02:56 AM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Mirage - 04-16-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Destrier - 04-26-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Mirage - 05-08-2013, 06:41 AM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Destrier - 05-12-2013, 06:30 AM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Mirage - 05-13-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Semira - 05-13-2013, 10:45 PM