the Rift

[PRIVATE] Before the Dawn

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
WILL YOU RISE ABOVE THE PAIN
OR WILL YOU SIMPLY COME UNDONE?

I was a fool not to have noticed before, but Mirage was right when she proclaimed that not only she or Akaith could help me in my quest, but her daughters could, as well. Already I had spoken with two others bonded to these scaly, fire-breathing creatures to receive scales, so my need for more than one other was non-existent. However, I found myself unable to deny any of them their offerings; I was more than happy to take their gifts, and even if they were not used in the creation of my armor, I would assure they were not wasted.

The Weyrleader was quick to morph into her second form, and I couldn't help but wonder what such a transformation felt like. Did it hurt? If it did, then the Dragonheart did well to hide any hint of pain. One by one the draconic family helped one another to pluck a scale, save for Akaith, who seemed not to want to join in. I didn't mind, of course, and I couldn't say I was entirely surprised. After all, I was asking for a literal piece of her skin... I can't say I would be so willing to rip a piece of myself off so that somebody may make armor out of me. It was a shame, though; I wouldn't be able to have a piece of the little Queen beauty with me at all times.

But despite this, Akaith helped in her own way, spreading her wings and taking to the skies to... where? I didn't know, but before long she had returned, a makeshift leather pouch clutched in her talons as she went about picking the scales up and putting them safely into the pouch. As the golden went about doing this, I lifted my gaze back to Mirage and listened intently as she spoke of the fiery God that had originally set this task to me. My encounter with him had been my first with any sort of higher power, and I would be lying if I said I hadn't any doubts they were even real in the first place. Now, of course, my views on that had changed entirely.

"I would beleive it," I replied with a soft chuckle, recalling the words spoken by the flaming stallion, "I thought it would be easy, but I do believe I've been proven wrong. Though, I have you and your family to thank for making it a bit easier on me." After all, I still had to venture itno the depths of the Spectral Marsh and somehow manage to dig up dragon bones. I hadn't a clue how I would even begin that daunting search, but I would figure it out in time.

Semira was the last to give a scale of her own, and twisting my ears towards her, I listened as she spoke of her father, whom I knew as Vikram. The bronze bohemoth seemed to be a gentle creature when faced with his family, and I would make certain to speak with him soon. As the filly drew to a halt and put forth her suggestion, a genuine smile pulled at my face. I had always had a soft spot for children. "I might pay him a visit, then," I said, "Thank you for your help, Semira. I may take you up on your suggestion."

It was only then that I lifted my head to it's natural position again, my eyes warm as I settled them back upon the four gathered. "Thank you again, to each of you. I cannot express my gratitude enough."

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Before the Dawn - by Mirage - 04-13-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Destrier - 04-14-2013, 02:56 AM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Mirage - 04-16-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Destrier - 04-26-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Mirage - 05-08-2013, 06:41 AM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Destrier - 05-12-2013, 06:30 AM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Mirage - 05-13-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Semira - 05-13-2013, 10:45 PM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Destrier - 05-19-2013, 11:33 AM