the Rift

In the Rift [Non-specific mythical]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The normal horizon of the Heavenly Fields was altered. Instead of the clear blue skies, the mountains in the distance, and the clouds around the grasses, there is a shimmer. The shimmer catches the corner of your eye, but it is hard to notice when you try and focus in the area. A horizon, within the borders of the shimmer, can easily be seen, but it is not the one you have grown used to. Instead of the mountains and the clouds in the distance, you see spires of tall, fiery lava stacks. Black smoke billow from the top and heat waves, uncharacteristic for the season, blow through from the amber area.

What is this you ask? Why, this is a rift. An opening to the other world. Why, this is where the dopplegangers came from - or well, one of the places. The shimmer is a thin area between worlds where time and space line up so perfectly that they collide. Going through would be a bad idea, but just on the cusp of the rift is a strange shape. It also swims in and out of focus, amorphous and strange, but you know in your heart that it is special. What guards the space between, however, has a thick, gnarled paw on the strangely shaped treasure.

Red eyes stare out from the shimmer, the rest of the body obscured by space. The skin around its eyes is like that of a sea creature - smooth and porous with no hair. It is a swimmer of the sky. It is a monster between worlds. It is an ancient thing. Perhaps when the titans fell from olympus, they turned into these creatures. Or, perhaps they formed the world. No one knows. No one needs to know for the memory of them fades quickly.

"Peta Babkama Luruba Anaku..." It growled. You hear the words with your ears, but you understand them in your mind. "Open the gate for me so that I may enter here." Somehow, you think that that may be a very bad idea.

"Mina amelserru?" "Want the child?"

"Ati Me Peta Babka..." "Open your gate for me..."

Obviously that remains a bad idea. How do you get the egg?

This is a hybrid task and roll drop. The point of this is not to arrive at a "correct" way of getting the egg, but involves being creative!

This is a drop for a plain, non-species specific mythical companion: kitsune, hellhound or boggart.

To participate, you must have one of those three on your wishlist and it must have been there for 1 month.

Any species can bond to these companions.

Winner chooses the species. All characters who post here are gathered here; this is not individual.

Open: now, Closes: 4/17/13.

Messages In This Thread
In the Rift [Non-specific mythical] - by Random Event - 04-13-2013, 09:58 AM
RE: In the Rift [Non-specific mythical] - by Loki - 04-17-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: In the Rift [Non-specific mythical] - by Caenan - 04-18-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: In the Rift [Non-specific mythical] - by Caenan - 04-23-2013, 12:17 AM