the Rift

In the Rift [Non-specific mythical]

Belial Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
charks
Demonchild stalks through the void of time, his auburn coat a bloody mar upon clear crystal skies. Absent, quiet, reclusive; he prowls now from the depths of his despair, hungry for the life of those outside himself, mortal beings whose world exists in a dimension he can only begin to fathom. The demon is not one of them, he has found; alone, apart, he is a specter, a haunting cocoon of lies and the tears of angels. The beat of the sun cannot faze his dominion; the whisper of wind is full of empty promises that the child so easily laughs aside. I am mightier than you, he cries into elemental constructs. I am your god.

Heaven draws near as the beast draws upwards, cloven hooves clinging to frail dirt and sinew surging beneath tearing skin. He rises, high; he is at the top of the world, overlooking nothing and seeing all, resplendent in the light of angels and gods. Is his mother among them, he wonders- but no, she was alive when he left her, left her beside the weeping sea to dwell on the glories of her youth. You are the future, she murmurs into his ear, sweet and sensual voice a comfort to him even know, much longed for and so beloved. She is hear with him, even when she is not; an invisible being that shall haunt his thoughts forever. The young behemoth shakes his head, silver and blue a living wave that drifts across the line of his neck. There are more wonders to be found on the roof of the world than the ghostly whispers of a wretched dam.

The sky to the north is torn. Bursts of flame chase surreal patterns behind a shimmering wall of space. Is this hell, the demon wonders- have I found a gateway into that dark abyss? He's moving, he realizes, drifting unconsciously towards the broken gate, gaze of silver and blue reflecting red as he searches for snippets of the land beyond, catching now on an object that hums against the weight of his mind. He wants it, he realizes - needs it, even though he knows not what it is. Forward he steps, nearing, closer, almost at the gateway that separates the material world from the kingdom of devils he was meant to rule.

Open your gate.

A presence, a monster, a creature of darkness untold; it waits just past where he can see, now flickering into his reality, now trapped within its own. Eyes blink, one and then again - what is this devil, this creature of the void? Why does it seek to enter his domain, his broken world of shattered ideals and mortality?

In a wisp of rage and a cloud of delight, the child of angels and demons grows jealous.

"This is my realm, Ancient One." Serpent's whisper and soft reply, a depth of authority in the mahogany frame. He stands himself tall, raises proud crown. He is the master, the spawn of heaven and hell, the bearer of godly blood. This creature of the abyss shall answer to him should it seek to enter his reality. "What do I gain by allowing you access into this kingdom of angels?"

[ shrugs. he's mostly just here for shiz and giggles. he had a hellhound on his wishlist back when it was a board, but I never grandfathered it so eh. ]
Belial the Demonchild
Even the devil was once an angel

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
RE: In the Rift [Non-specific mythical] - by Belial - 04-16-2013, 08:05 PM
RE: In the Rift [Non-specific mythical] - by Loki - 04-17-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: In the Rift [Non-specific mythical] - by Caenan - 04-18-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: In the Rift [Non-specific mythical] - by Caenan - 04-23-2013, 12:17 AM