the Rift

In the Rift [Non-specific mythical]

Caenan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

CAENAN

I ain't no magpie
but I do fancy meself some treasure

Where was I? Ah, yes, the Gate Keeper... It's funny actually, because I can remember this event as if it had happened just yesterday, but of course that is not the case, as I was barely a moon old when I came into contact with the Rift. Most newborns do not usually have a firm grasp on their thoughts at that age, and it's surprising that I could even utter a handful of words; my mother's distinct accent not yet seeping into them either. But, then again, I was not 'most foals', and although I lacked in the magical sense, I had an appalling relationship with mischief.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
The colt's kin began to trickle in slowly, and although he himself had not been the first to approach the beast that had made its residence between their world and its own, he was most certainly not one of the last. His eyes flowed over their listlessly moving forms, resting on each one but for a moment before they slid over onto the next. This being his first expedition away from his mother's side, the youth was unable to pick out a single equine that he recognized; yet nor was he able to judge them of their race, for his mind was that of an innocent child, and he knew not of the opinions that held him and his horned crown in their favor. It was beyond the little prince to know that his childish ignorance was undoubtedly the most blessed thing that he possessed.

He watched quietly, calculatingly, as each member of their party took their turn in reasoning with the demon. He couldn't have cared less about what they were actually saying -- he could barely understand half of it -- but he did care a substantial amount when he saw their eyes light up at the sight of his treasure. The familiar ache of greed fanned like a fire all-throughout his slight frame, but the heat of his desire soon calmed to that of dimly glowing embers as three of the members gathered there were blown away by the creature. It was unfortunate that the rift-dweller did not choose to blow them all away, however, because now the ones that remained were both still trying for his precious gem.

An impatient snort sounds from Caenan's muzzle as both stallions make their attempts at claiming the orb; the constantly-shifting brute just simply inviting the damned creature through, and the quad-horned unicorn of his own kind disappearing completely. Although it pained the colt to admit it, he was more than just mildly impressed by the latter's performance, and his head swung up in surprise. Magic was not a familiar substance to the horned child, and this particular occasion was a rather mind-boggling one, considering that he was now in the presence of an invisible unicorn and an equine who could not decide on just one form to occupy. Caenan was not short of wits, however, and the x-frosted colt was quick to act at the sound of thudding -- shapeless -- hooves.

In a spontaneous attempt to alert the creature, the bay spun on an ebony heel and kicked at the dry sediment beneath his feet, trying to stir the dirt and the dust in such a way that the invisible form of the advancing stallion was revealed. If he was successful, and if the demon lashed out at the (hopefully) visible brute, then Caenan would sneak around the battling pair and scoop the orb up for himself, via his curved horn.

Table guide;
"Speaking colour."
thinking
important text
stand out text

Notes; Attempted to kick up a cloud of dust that would /hopefully/ fall on Belial's invisible coat, revealing him to the Rift Dweller, so that he could sneak up and get the orb while the two are busy with each other.
Tag; Kirottu, Belial, Caenan

[Image: 2ryqd14.png]
Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: In the Rift [Non-specific mythical] - by Loki - 04-17-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: In the Rift [Non-specific mythical] - by Caenan - 04-18-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: In the Rift [Non-specific mythical] - by Caenan - 04-23-2013, 12:17 AM