the Rift

[OPEN] Safe Landing?

Kimber Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 4 (Ages in Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Kaiden :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Kachie
A hummed murmur of agreement was the response she gave at his observation as she tried to ignore the recollections that stirred in her mind of the few occasions she'd run into Ktulu. Vaguely she wondered if Ophelia was like her twin, or different. She couldn't determine either way since it had been many seasons since she'd seen the pale daughter of Paladin.

Briefly her thoughts sharpened, along with her gaze, as she absorbed Aaron's second statement. Stay... it's home... Hope stirred, a gnawing hunger for belonging. Never before now had she been driftless, without a safe harbor to return to. As a foal she'd had her mother's protective presence to fall back upon when the shades had threatened and the Oasis was lost. And then she'd grown up in the Foothills, always able to come back from her meanderings and adventures, knowing there was someone stronger and more experienced to keep herself and the others safe. And then she'd wanted to be that strong and experienced soul... only to have the land she'd wanted to defend torn away. Leaving her adrift on the breeze, anchored by the responsibilities of a young companion. And now? Safe harbor lay in sight.

About to speak, to happily accept that offer of home that her long-time friend offered, the young grulla was suddenly distracted. A sense of wary alarm thrilled through her bond with the kitsune who'd danced around the hooves of herself and Aaron, dodging the playful pounces of his new friend until his pale lavender eyes caught strange movement. A dim impression of something, someone, massive approaching alerted her.

Blue eyes swung away from her friend's face, automatically falling upon the huge stallion that approached without really realizing that her reaction was prompted by another's senses to such an accurate degree. Ears tilted forward with curious interest, not recognizing him at a glance but intuitively knowing he was of the Edge since his scent was almost indistinguishable, at first breath, from their surroundings. Silently she listened to him speak words of welcome and introduction. A warm feeling washed through her, something akin to gratification that only grew stronger as he continued on with words of confidence in Aaron and assurances for her.

A small smile was tugged into existance in response to his own, and her head dipped in quick greeting. "Thank you, Thor. I was just about to accept Aaron's offer of home here when Kaiden here informed me of your approach." She tipped her head down toward the light grey kitsune who had settled himself between her front hooves with a distinctive air of aloofness mixed with possession. His tails were loosely swirled around his haunches, hiding his paws from sight and making him look bigger.

Resisting a giggle at her companion's attempt to seem more mature and potentially threatening, she looked back up at Thor. "My name's Kimber. Daughter of Smoke, sister to Israfel. I stayed in the Foothills to support first my brother and then my nephew, Jackal. And now... there's nothing left there for me. So I came here." Shrugging as though it was as simple as that, she leaned a bit closer to Aaron in an automatic reflex to banish the dark thoughts that arose at the memories of her male relatives and how they'd both abandoned her. For different reasons, she was sure, but still. Both were gone.

Messages In This Thread
Safe Landing? - by Kimber - 04-13-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: Safe Landing? - by Aaron - 04-15-2013, 06:44 PM
RE: Safe Landing? - by Kimber - 04-15-2013, 07:26 PM
RE: Safe Landing? - by Aaron - 04-15-2013, 08:06 PM
RE: Safe Landing? - by Kimber - 04-19-2013, 02:50 PM
RE: Safe Landing? - by Aaron - 04-24-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: Safe Landing? - by Thor - 04-28-2013, 11:37 PM
RE: Safe Landing? - by Kimber - 05-05-2013, 02:10 AM
RE: Safe Landing? - by Aaron - 05-07-2013, 12:16 AM