Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

Dragons Throat. Africa had negotiated the vastly beautiful distance between Helovia’s fringe and her home on numerous occasions now. There had been occasions where she had stopped to dabble amid patchwork thickets and scrubland, or great stretches of golden meadow; and other times when necessity had lifted her wings beyond the slothful glide of midday clouds so that she could soar with haste through her heart-home- the sky. Either way, as she smiled amiably now along with the finally calmed chuckle of Ahi, the young grey was in her mind, tracing the smoothest and swiftest path which would soon take them home.

“M'lady, I truly trust you but I know all too well how blood can betray you, unfortunately.” Betrayal... Most unfortunate. Thoughtfully, though finding little sentiment in the word, the mare studied her stocky stallion companion, through eyes that sought to at least try to understand. Yet she had no experience to draw from, and thus could not relate to the contempt surrounding his phrase. Africa had been sheltered throughout her favourable childhood. There had been no malice, no disloyalty, nor any tarnish to permanently scar the impressionable heart of an infant. In many ways she was still locked in perpetual bliss.

A second chuckle melted away and silence again befell the couple, if only briefly. Africa was pleased to have Ahi’s company that night- many creatures moved through the night-time; eerie and unsettling in their ways, and her eyes were certainly not so skilled in the dark, as they were in the bright day. Her mottled friend began to speak again and the sound of his baritone voice was comforting. “Alas, it is, of course, a wise decision to go with such a pure and trustworthy source. This Dragon's Throat sounds to be a wonderful place. If you can heal me along with provide a cause, I will be ever in the Throat's debt and yours, of course, beyond measure.” It was her turn to chuckle, and she did so, thoroughly enjoying the innocent steadfastness of his goal to serve.

I am but a lowly minion in this adventure, aiming solely to please.” Her honesty rose through invisible clouds of breath, laced with integrity and humility. “Although, if it is truly your will to protect, we shall go together when you feel well and find Midas.” Affection tightly hemmed the name of the Throat’s General as it was revealed- he had been to Africa, perhaps what she was now to Ahi. The mare paused, politely allowing all that she had spoken due time to be absorbed. “There is no debt, lovely Ahi.” She practiced his unusual name with copied grace, recalling artfully his previously fluid pronunciation. We work with the same ambition.

The motionless watch of another owl (perhaps) was startled from its roost when the muffled step of another was betrayed by cracking litter. Africa’s face snapped attentively in the direction of the sound, though her pale eyes could not penetrate the line of trees encompassing her and Ahi without aid of moonlight. Perhaps the languid crawl of cloudy streamers was shrouding her glow; soon enough they would know. “So that being said, of course. I shall come. I think flying might be my best bet of transportation, however. I think it's the only part of my body that still has some coordination for now.” Her ears returned to meet the warmth in his tone, and her peaceable smile remained. I will guide you well...Another lurks, I believe it is time to take shelter in flight.” Africa gathered the idle droop of her wings, and started forward, leading the search for a clearing whose ceiling did not imprison.

The air cleared ever so slightly not long after; it was the sign of liberating space Africa had been looking for. She was ever mindful of the wearied condition of Ahi, and relief spread freely through her being. “Here we are.” She whispered, turning to find if he had followed her well. She waited regardless, considerate should he need to catch his breath or rest again for a short moment. A brief time later, she turned again towards him with a reaching muzzle to try and meet his own- a signal of sorts, that it was time to depart the Threshold. She had sought the wind to be in their favour. Leaping gracefully into a short sprint (her frame was solid by heritage, though elegant, and did not lift so easily- yet not so heavy like Ahi’s), Africa opened her broad wingspan and beating heavily, lifted away quickly into the cold wind. Checking frequently on the progress of her companion, she guided them in a clean circle and began the journey south.

(ooc: I will put a thread up in the Throat :D)

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Messages In This Thread
I'm A Fallen Warrior [OPEN] - by Ahi - 04-15-2013, 06:01 PM
RE: I'm A Fallen Warrior [OPEN] - by Africa - 04-16-2013, 08:30 PM
RE: I'm A Fallen Warrior [OPEN] - by Ahi - 04-17-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: I'm A Fallen Warrior [OPEN] - by Africa - 04-17-2013, 10:45 PM
RE: I'm A Fallen Warrior [OPEN] - by Ahi - 04-18-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: I'm A Fallen Warrior [OPEN] - by Africa - 04-18-2013, 10:43 PM
RE: I'm A Fallen Warrior [OPEN] - by Ahi - 04-19-2013, 09:21 AM
RE: I'm A Fallen Warrior [OPEN] - by Africa - 04-19-2013, 04:58 PM