Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

Relief... The feeling swept through the young horse’s nervously awkward demeanour like the first monsoonal rain across a savannah. It was both cleansing and renewing. The anxious swirl of butterflies in Africa’s tummy found rest upon the sweet grasses that she had already consumed during her first meal of that morning, and the queasiness souring her generally upbeat aura settled in waiting- always, waiting.

Wait! Pasty, cream eyes narrowed as her own meek gaze was greeted by the other mare’s, friendly, engaging eyes. Never had she met another with a disparity in eye colour and though perhaps trivial to most, Africa’s ignorance became her unexpected (no matter how innocent), imprisonment in the moment. She could not imagine how unusual the world must have appeared from the lovely creature’s green and blue perspective. Africa beamed dumbly- entranced.

The Pegasus was quite possibly more beautiful; prettier and more polished, than any other in her experience. Clothed in the pristine white of lazy summer clouds, Africa was attracted closer- like the childish illusion might be stolen away from her starry eyes at any moment. She could not let it be taken. You are the fantasy- I found her Mother!. “I am Sohalia. Welcome to the Dragon’s Throat. How can I help you?” Africa tumbled back into the reality of her mission.

Black rimmed ears tilted forward, pressing against the cool morning air as Sohalia spoke, and Africa was both humbled and grateful that her muddle seemed no bother. Foolishly, the younger horse hesitated, scrabbling over and perfecting a response. “I don’t know where to start.Fool. She was so desperate to please. Once more, the words had spewed clumsily from her lips though, and now a surge of blushing heat swallowed her face. Disheartened, Africa remembered Kri’s reaction to mindless banter and shuddered, shaking lightly through her withers beneath an opaque cloud of thin red dust.

I’m sorry Sohalia, I might begin again.” Bravely now, Africa sought clarity from the jumble of her thoughts, and found it. “Thank you, I was hoping to speak with someone about my future in the Throat... (already fondness and devotion embraced her voice as she issued the word which represented her home) ...I fear I am nothing but a parasite right now- sucking without contribution.” A relieved sigh burst perhaps a little too loudly through her still parted lips, yet she cared little. Already she was maturing, blooming; Africa was thoroughly enjoying her adventure in Helovia.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Messages In This Thread
RE: actions write the melodies to the songs that we sing - by Africa - 04-18-2013, 05:55 PM