the Rift

[OPEN] actions write the melodies to the songs that we sing

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: afri_zps12e4f1bf.png]

The crystal blue lake, the epicentre of the bustling territory, was stirred to life. Already hours ago, the first thuggish call of a Flycatcher had shattered the tranquillity of the clean dawn. Now the clashing chorus of many more birds filled the lake’s lively atmosphere; a pleasant sound which brought a sense of wellbeing to Africa’s sensitive soul- a feeling that all was well. More horses too; folk of her homeland, began to trickle down to freshen themselves by the shimmering water’s edge, some wearied and preparing to rest after a long night patrolling the Throat’s vast, unforgiving borders- of course, this task was made far more manageable by the gift of flight.

The young mare was at peace in the company of the clean white horse; Sohalia appeared to Africa to radiate confidence and wisdom far beyond the meek dapple grey’s own worth- she had been able to address Africa’s thoughts after all. The cheer and satisfaction rose in an optimistic aura about the young horse’s lean, elegant frame. By character she was unquestioning, gullible and her vivid imagination had not yet escaped the embrace of fanciful dreams and desires. Africa was a child at heart who approached each fork in her road with innocent energy- reacting on a whim, for better or worse.

"I'm not really sure where they might be," Sohalia frowned, but Africa was none the less fazed, having only just begun her journey for knowledge and acceptance. The white Pegasus had offered so much already, and the young mare felt indebted to such kindness- it was still relatively early after all. Her ears leaned forward curiously when the white mare continued. “Surely somewhere around here. I'm fairly certain that a water source is a must for healers of any kind. I can help you look for them, if you'd like”. That’s what I thought too, Africa grinned, but with a flick of her tail replied, “Only if you aren’t busy. Yes, please...” The excited horse paused, her brow creased thoughtfully. “You know, I think I have met Cirrus already.” She recalled the night Ahi had required treatment. “I’m sure of it.

Africa peered across the lake as it stirred beneath the chilly breeze’s tender breath. The water spread far and wide, and she imagined that it might take perhaps a solid half of the day to negotiate the slippery banks the entire way around. Hopefully they are nearby, she wished to herself as she stepped away after waiting briefly for Sohalia's reaction, scrabbling up the loose sandstone wall and dislodging much of the loose rock beneath her clumsy steps.

Sohalia?” She began again quietly, tilting her face to the side which she presumed her herd-sister would be on. Africa didn’t pause though, instead continuing casually along a path that curled fairly parallel with the water, ducking and weaving between tall shaggy clusters of cane palm and dense clumps of bull grass. “What are these animals who I have seen so many of our kin travelling with?” The concept puzzled the raw young mare, but she was equally fascinated and couldn’t help a desire to ‘own’ such a creature (like the one Midas had actaually), for herself. As afterthought, Africa breathed, “There is so much I so desperately want to learn.” A light sigh, and the young mare reflected all that she had so far encountered since coming to Helovia only a month or two ago. A smile lingered across her twitching lips.

(ooc: I already posted to Onni and Cirrus :P Because I can’t help myself, but I figured since Sohalia is so awesome Africa could keep learning and asking questions as they search)

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Art by Nevada
Table by Ghost

Messages In This Thread
RE: actions write the melodies to the songs that we sing - by Africa - 04-23-2013, 05:03 PM