the Rift

Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open]

Xira Posts: 67
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 hh :: 7 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kye :: Red-Footed Falcon :: Read Adoptable

Photo © Tony McLean
</style>
       The chestnut pegasus watched the two before her react in drastically different manners with a bemused expression playing across her features and a feeling of satisfaction churning within her breast. The lead mare spoke with wisdom to match her years, and Xira found herself glad that she was young and full of vitality. To be old... what an awful fate that would be. And yet now, while she was young, she had chosen to imprison herself. Was it really just to sate the thirst for knowledge and experience, or did she want something more than her life alone? Whatever she had intended, it was too late to turn back now- the flaxen mare before her had sealed her fate and welcome her to the throat. Xira had a sinking feeling that she would be there for a long time.

Kye whistled lowly, clearly somewhat disappointed, but Xira paid her no mind. She simply nodded politely to the lead, learning her place quickly, and spoke with a firm intent. "Thank you, Kri," she replied cooly, keeping her navy gaze on the ground, keeping her thoughts locked away. "My fire..." the chestnut mused softly, remembering the exact wording of Kri's comment. "My past is a lonely one- it's best to stay that way. Kye has been my companion for some time now. As for my fire, well..." Xira once more let her voice fade into silence. Her deep navy eyes rose to meet Kri's, but she avoided much contact with the garish jay beside her. He was no longer interesting to her; she'd lost respect for him, found his broken speech irritating, thought of him as a mere annoyance. Kye cooed in gentle agreement at the assessment, but then swiftly urged her bonded onward. "I was wondering if you had need of any informants."

Xira let the words, a continuation of the previous sentence, slip off of her lips like poison. They hung in the air, still and deadly, and with their airing she established herself instantly within the herd. She was not weak, not usual. The green chestnut roan was different in many ways, and for some reason she found herself determined to show it.

Messages In This Thread
Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Xira - 07-17-2012, 11:04 PM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Kri - 07-18-2012, 03:09 PM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Jaydan - 07-18-2012, 10:16 PM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Xira - 07-19-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Kri - 07-22-2012, 03:29 PM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Jaydan - 07-30-2012, 10:15 PM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Xira - 07-31-2012, 03:13 PM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Kri - 08-12-2012, 11:06 AM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Jaydan - 08-14-2012, 08:30 PM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Xira - 08-22-2012, 10:42 PM