the Rift

[OPEN] Death to the those that deny truth (Kri)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
After fruitlessly searching for Kri along the Oasis boarder I shift direction south, toward the ocean. It was common knowledge that Kri often trained in the space between land and sea. Perhaps I would find her among the dunes, molding some poor boy into a man. I hadn’t gotten far when suddenly below my auditory senses catch the sound of a voice-- calling my name. Ebony crown twists to once side; bottomless pools scored the desert below to see who had spoken. Instinctively my wing beats slow, nearly backpedaling until I pulled up into a momentary hover. A feat that was only possible with the aid from smaller size and training.

I had been expecting to see Cassiopeia gazing up; (my mind registered that her tone was similar to the one who had just bleated.) But the assumption was misplaced, instead of a tall amazon woman that streaked upward to meet me. It was her daughter, with a pelt that shimmered and reminded me of furious storm clouds/lighting. This wasn’t a grieving woman, though she bore striking resemblance to both sire and dam, it was none other than Azzuen’s youngest child. Azulee. I grin and level off, resuming my direction while she catches up. “Hope you don’t mind the company.”

My neck bends, turning head toward her so that she might see the gentle pleasure that had etched its way into my fatherly face, “Your presence is always welcome.” Sometimes it was nice to just fly with another, enjoy their wingbeats so fluidly thrusting with your own. Feeling the slightest change in thermals and adjusting accordingly. If one simply shut down their brain and just flew—instinct would guide the movement. It was almost…effortless.

How had she been? Was her mother alright? Where was Cirrus? Most of her family remained in solitude; grieving.

So many questions, none of them would be given life right now. It simply wasn’t in my nature to rattle off every string of nonsense that happened to spark behind the skull. “Are you looking for someone?” Facing into the wind, I have to talk a little louder, “Yes, actually I’m looking for Kri. Have you seen her?” My yearling friend asks another question—one a little unexpected, “Have you seen my mother?” Nay I had not.

If anyone knew where Cass as holed up, I figured her children would know; “I haven't seen her around lately, isn't Cirrus with her?” The topic only worried me a little, Azzuen’s mate was a strong woman; not easily overcome. Still, this information was troubling—and would have to be reported to the Sultanas.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Death to the those that deny truth (Kri) - by Midas - 05-06-2013, 10:10 AM