the Rift

[OPEN] Death to the those that deny truth (Kri)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Passively I follow the storm child’s lead; desiring to have my spilling of information and perhaps a few questions answered by the head of our family. It was Kri that kept us all together, and it was through her alone that most things got done. The youngest daughter to my late mentor finds at least some comfort with my promise—I had never given any of my family reason to question my words, or have them find holes that would jeopardize the tongues ability to hold weight. It was still humbling nevertheless to see this babe’s trust in my grasp, knowing that I could just as swiftly break any promise—and in the same note, become a salvation.

Azulee tugs on my heartstrings, not painfully, but with reverence. I smile, the gentle curve of my features like a beam of sunlight. They were my family, and as her father would have readily given life and limb to assure their safety, my safety—I would do the same. As her da might have. “My father always spoke highly of you.” Her tone is one without ignorant boast, but loving dignity—and why shouldn’t she be proud? He was a mighty warrior, a brother, a good man.

Gently, though loud enough to be heard over the whistling wind. I speak up, “His mentoring is missed, yet your father is missed more so for the time that is lost. You words honor me dear one, I thank you for the comfort they bring.” It wasn’t often that I got a chance for open grief. Only in front of Cera had I revealed the wound to be mended.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Death to the those that deny truth (Kri) - by Midas - 05-24-2013, 12:28 AM