the Rift

[OPEN] Death to the those that deny truth (Kri)

Azulee Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 hands :: 6 years :: Orangemoon HP: 65.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Valda
I feel a sudden prick of sadness when Midas mentions him. I loved my father (despite how short our our together on this Earth actually was) and still do. I may mourn his passing differently than mother and sister, but I have certainly mourned, just as our entire herd - this one large nation in the desert - has as well. Where Cirrus and mother have become withdrawn, I find it easier cope with the loss when in the company of others. I hate to see my family in such a sorrowful state, and I wish there was something I could do to lessen their grief.

I can't help but think back to when I was a filly, frolicking in the Heavenly Fields as my father kept a watchful eye. A lump crawls up into the back of my throat and it takes me a moment to swallow it down, the bittersweet melancholy that ladens his memory still remaining, welling in my eyes. I am uncertain why I choose now to let the sadness creep through. I am sad mostly by the fact I will never see his face again, or come to truly know him. My youthful voice emerges slowly, a bit quieter than before but I try to mask my sadness as best I can. I believe I do a decent job in doing so. "I am glad they can be of some comfort." I say this genuinely, and offer him a smile, albeit a somber one. There are few things that emerge from my mouth not reminiscent of truth and I mean every word I have spoken to Midas. I grow silent then, thinking. Dad will always be missed, but I take comfort in knowing that he is never far away. He will always be with me.

A long silence ensues between us. It is not awkward - it is far from such. I am content in enjoying the company of a friend in peace. We soon come to Dragon's Blood, and I scan the russet Earth below for the mahogany figure of our Sultana. "She should be around here somewhere," I say, and continue my search.

[ooc ; Ugh, not the best post I've ever written, but I hope you enjoy it anyway. The timeline of this is a bit messed up, and I wasn't sure if you still wanted to continue. Technically Cassiopeia is still a prisoner of the Aurora Basin at the time of this thread, and I think Kri should be the next to post when Boom comes back from being absent <3]
Azulee
they want rain without thunder and lightning

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread